Today, Bloodfall is out (a day early!), the next multiplayer DLC for DOOM. Bloodfall is the third and final DLC pack, bringing three new diverse maps, a Grenade Launcher weapon, the new Cultist armor set, and more to the game’s fast paced multiplayer. You’ll also be able to transform into the Spectre Pinky, a fan favorite demon whose signature invisibility tactic allows you to sneak up on enemy players.
To celebrate the launch of Bloodfall, a Double XP Weekend is also being held from now until Monday, December 19 at 12pm ET. Play the all new multiplayer content and try to level up to the new max rank of Echelon 11, level 50 to unlock the DOOM Marine Armor, part of last week’s Free Update 5 release. In addition to the new DLC content, today also some adjustments were made to multiplayer for all players (regardless of whether or not you own the DLC). Full details below.
Bloodfall includes the following:
3 New Maps
- Empyrian – Fight in an ageless colosseum held aloft by opposing energies, as the gilded embattlements slowly crumble.
- Boneyard – Battle in the outer realm of Hell, where the landscape is made entirely of demon flesh, teeth and bone.
- Outbreak – Engage in intense combat throughout a UAC facility transformed after underworldly science breaks free from containment
- Grenade Launcher - Use this UAC-banned weapon to bank grenades off walls and deal area damage or use the secondary fire to detonate a smoke grenade to conceal your position from enemies
New Playable Demon
- Spectre Pinky - As the fast and heavily armored Pinky demon with Spectre abilities, stalk your enemies with invisibility, or bull rush to insta-gib all in your path.
3 New Hack Modules
- Extra Protection - Gain Extra Armor per Health Pickup
- Augmented Healing - Gain Extra Health per Health Pickup
- Glory Sight -Highlight enemies that can be Glory Killed from farther away
Lateral Thrusters - Dodge enemy fire and add a third, mid-air jump with this equipment item that provides short directional boosts to your movement
- 4 new Cultist themed armor sets
- 15 new customization patterns and colors
Along with the release of Bloodfall, today we’ve made some improvements to DOOM’s multiplayer (all users will see these changes today, regardless of if you bought the DLC content or not):
- Fixed an issue with the Combat Shotgun
We resolved an issue where rapid key input caused unusually high shotgun damage. Our previous update (Free Update 5) fixed some instances of this, but we quickly identified that the issue still occurred after the update went live. This should now be fully resolved with this update.
- Made improvements to matchmaking
In an effort to better aggregate players and make it faster to find a match, we’ve reduced our playlists to two – Team Play and Free-For-All.
- Team Play
All team-based game modes on all maps (voting enabled).
- Free-For-All Play
All individual-based game modes on all maps (voting enabled).
With the ability to vote for maps and modes in the lobby and select a different region (for players in low population parts of the world), we feel like this will enable players to find matches more quickly while still offering flexibility in playing popular maps and modes.
Also, don’t forget that with DOOM’s Party Play system, if anyone in your lobby has purchased DLC content, everyone in the lobby has access to those DLC maps. Plus, private matches allow you to start your own completely customized match and invite friends to play along.