The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Aksum - Empire of the Savannah - v0.36 (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : Modding : Aksum - Empire of the Savannah - v0.36) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 17 2012 Anchor

Just wanted to share a nation I've been working on with the Desura community. It's still in it's early version. Most of the sprite and content work is done except for polishing up. However, it still requires a lot of balance adjustments, so probably not MP ready as of now.

Aksum v0.36

Aksum is an old nation, established near the dawn of memory by an Avvite Preistess, Sheba. Recognizing the horror of the Nephilim, she fled Hinnom. After treking across the desert she reached a great plain, a place of both scorching sun and torrential rain. Near death, she was found by a tribe of beasts; hunters given the power of thought by some past Pantokrator. Not knowing what she was, but recognizing strength, the lioness shamans of the tribe gave her aid. In gratitude for her rescue she gave the beasts the legacy of the Grigori, gifts of civilization and power. However, she knew the evil inherent in these teachings and so tempered them with wisdom - the harmony of the wild inherant in the people of the plains. Since her death her people have prospered; erecting a great city upon the the Savannah. For many centuries they have rulled the wild tribes from this citadel, but with the awakening of the new god they see a chance to spread the teachings of Sheba.

Race: Cat people, prefer heat scale +2.
Military: High defense leopards with little armor, powerful lion warriors, and stealthy sacred panthers
Magic: Strong Fire, Water, and Nature, with some Earth and Astral.
Priests: Powerful.

Overall theme. Expensive, highly skilled troops, most with little armor but high defense.

Base stats - Leopard Troops
Hit Points: 22
Size: 3
Attack Skill: 11
Defence Skill: 13
Strength: 13
Protection: 4
Precision: 11
Magic Resistance: 11
Morale: 11
Encumbrance: 3
MapMovement: 2
Action Points: 15
Extra bite attack, 75 darkvision

Most of the recruitable are Leopard troop w/ various armaments

There are two other basic populations, a panther type cat and lions. Both lack the extra bite attack of the leopards. Lions are stronger, higher attack, but lower defense.

Panthers are all stealthy and have a parry 4, prot 0 shield (lightning reflexes) that makes them much harder to hit with arrows. Slightly more fragile, but more expensive than the generic leopard troops. All panthers have DV 100.

The nation has one recruitable sacred: a size 3 stealthy panther with 2x scimitars with zero armor, but with "Lightning Reflexes"- cap only.

Additionally, they'll have a new sacred version of each of the various cat themed summons (kithriotic lions, manifest vitriol, great lions, etc.)

Magic - Primary paths - Fire, Water, and nature
Aux paths - Earth, with some astral outside of the capital

Commanders-

Cap only-

Priest of Sheba (Lion mage)- 3F2W + 110 FWE, priest level 2, 320 G

Priestess of Sheba (Lioness Mage)- 3F1E2N + 110 FEN, priest level 3, healing 40, female lions, 400 G

Non-Cap-

Lord of the Plains- Lion Warrior commander, priest level 1, good general, magic swoard, 70 G

Seer- primary research mage, 1S + 100 FWENS, priest level 1, Female of the panther like tribe of cats, can change shape into a human female form with seduction, prevent bad events 10, 120 G

Shadow of Aksum - Assassin/spy, priest level 1, Male of the panther like tribe of cats and leader of the various panther troops, 60 G

Leopard Shaman - Mage, 2N, 2x 100 FWE, priest level 1, leader of the leopard people, 200 G

Oasis Guard Captain - Leader of the Leopards of the Oasis Guard (the elite force of the nation) , good leader, nothing else spectacular about him, 50 G

Leopard Tribe Chieftain - another generic commander, 40 G

Leopard Tribe Scout - your generic scout, 10 G

Units-

Chosen of Sheba - Cap only sacred panther warrior, stealthy, size 3 panther, dual wields falchions, high defense, Lightning reflexes (size 4 prot 0 shield, very hard to hit with arrows) 40 G

Warrior of the Plains- Lion warrior, size 3, dual wields magic axes, 55 G

Night Stalker - Stealthy panther warrior, lightning reflexes, dual wields scimitars, similar to the Chosen but not sacred, 30 G

Oasis Guard - Armored troops, the elite warriors of the nation, leopard type cat wielding a falchion and shield or a composite bow, 25-35 G

Leopard Tribe - The bulk of your troops, come in a unarmed (claws and teeth), spear, falchion, and composite bow version, 20 to 25 G

Summons:

Sacred versions of vanilla summons: Kitharionic Lions, Great Lions, Manifest Vitriol
New summons:
Craig Lions- Flying lions, similar stats to Great lions, higher MR,
Will of Sheba - Flying deamon cats, similar stats to Chosen, blood summon

Commander Summons-

Emissary of Sheba- Flying demon cat commander, magic 2F2W2S3B, holy 2, blood summon
Avatar of Astar - Giant Lion statues brought to life. 5 Unique summons with high level magic paths.

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

This looks excellent! :)

Thanks for sharing it with everyone here.

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

The first dom3 mod on Desura!

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

The big lions look nice. I especially like the small (i.e. size 3) winged lions.

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

Nice work. I know there are a ton of gods already but I would like for the community to make more... Did you make a new god for this civ? I know greedy, but we could really use Lion-O or Mumm -Ra for this civ.

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

I haven't made any new goods... yet. I've just given them access to some of the particular "vanilla" gods that seemed thematic: Sphinx, Mother of Lions, Lord of the Desert Sun, etc. This is in addition to the gods that every nation gets access to by default.

I'm mulling over a few ideas for gods unique to the nation, and will probably put them in in the next version.

There are a ton of additional nations over on the Dom3Mods forum.
Z7.invisionfree.com

Some of the warhammer nations are particularly good. Try them out.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.