Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school fantasy strategy game. You explore your surroundings conquer locations that provides the resources you need. Resources needed vary much depending on what character you are, e.g. the high priestess need places where she can gather human sacrifices, the baron needs places where tax can be collected and where iron can be mined. These resources can then be used for magic rituals and troop recruitments. The main differentiator for this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used. The game can be played on Windows, Linux (x86 and raspberry pi) and Mac OSX (intel and powerpc).

Forum Thread
Unable to play 2-player LAN with 1 copy (Games : Conquest of Elysium 3 : Forum : Multiplayer : Unable to play 2-player LAN with 1 copy) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 14 2012 Anchor

Hello,
my girlfriend and I have bought a copy of COE3 and we are enjoying the single player game. However, when trying to play it over LAN we were quite disappointed as the game seem to require two different CD keys. I can understand the reasons for this in a WAN play, but for home-LAN games this is ridiculous. I sincerely hope that I am missing something and there is some way to play LAN with 1 copy. It really leaves a bad mark on an otherwise excellent game.
Cheers

Mar 21 2012 Anchor

You can do hotseat by setting more players as human.

Mar 21 2012 Anchor

You can play by lan with one key if you are only playing one copy. It is possible to do that over a lan but it takes some understanding of lans.

If you are just using the IP number of the other machine to get the two machines to talk to each other then this game has no way of seeing that different than an internet address. A local IP is too easily spoofed.

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Do you have any hints for how we can do that GP?

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

The particulars depend on your setup and the OS.
But the basics are this....
the problem is that you are trying to play 2 copies of the game on 2 computers and have them talk to each other. That reads as a violation.

However the initial concept of a LAN (or any network) was to reach out and run programs on THAT computer. So it should be possible for two computers to reach out and play ONE copy of CoE3 on a lan.

It was easier with Dom3. Should be possible with CoE3. But getting it to happen might take abit of reading and experimenting

Aug 28 2012 Anchor

That is, indeed, a pity. Tried to play with my wife today and found the same problem zehnan did. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way around it so we played hotseat, but it's not the same.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.