Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school fantasy strategy game. You explore your surroundings conquer locations that provides the resources you need. Resources needed vary much depending on what character you are, e.g. the high priestess need places where she can gather human sacrifices, the baron needs places where tax can be collected and where iron can be mined. These resources can then be used for magic rituals and troop recruitments. The main differentiator for this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used. The game can be played on Windows, Linux (x86 and raspberry pi) and Mac OSX (intel and powerpc).

Forum Thread
Crashing on startup on Windows 7 (Games : Conquest of Elysium 3 : Forum : Bug Discussion : Crashing on startup on Windows 7) Locked
Thread Options
May 11 2012 Anchor

I probably should have posted this a long time ago.

Ever since I installed CoE3 on this computer (a little after its release), I have been, for the most part, unable to play. Whether it is starting from desura, or on its own, it stops running only a few seconds after I start it, not even loading any graphics or sounds. Updates have been installed as they have appeared, yet still no relief.

I have, on rare occasions, been able to play without any difficulties whatsoever, but these instances have been quite sparse, and I can find no rhyme or reason to their functioning. Upon exiting, CoE3 inevitably crashes on next startup.

Any help for this issue?

PvK
PvK
May 11 2012 Anchor

FeetOnFire, I suggest you write more about your computer's details (I'm running CoE on Win7 with no problems), such as video card type. You could run DXDIAG and create a text file describing your computer to send in to Illwinter or post here.

May 12 2012 Anchor

I have a few ideas that might help.

1. Upgrade your graphics drivers by downloading from the manufacturer's home page. That would probably be nvidia.com or amd.com depending on video card.

2. Disable any anti virus programs before starting coe3.

May 12 2012 Anchor

Norton doesn't like CoE3. In general (or much of anything else). All of the advanced process guard features and heuristics in AV software can cause all sorts of problems, so try turning such features off.

May 16 2012 Anchor

Hi, sorry for the delay, I've been moving.

Upon reassembling my computer, I've found that CoE3 has been starting and continuing without issue. I hate for this to be one of those threads wherein no specific solution can be cited, but I really don't know what the issue was, or how it was resolved.

For posterity, I'll include some information about my system: Pastebin.com

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thanks for your help, nonetheless! It is appreciated, and perhaps someone else that has a similar issue will find this.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.