Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school fantasy strategy game. You explore your surroundings conquer locations that provides the resources you need. Resources needed vary much depending on what character you are, e.g. the high priestess need places where she can gather human sacrifices, the baron needs places where tax can be collected and where iron can be mined. These resources can then be used for magic rituals and troop recruitments. The main differentiator for this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used. The game can be played on Windows, Linux (x86 and raspberry pi) and Mac OSX (intel and powerpc).

Forum Thread
CoE 3 Fun Tournament / League (Games : Conquest of Elysium 3 : Forum : Multiplayer : CoE 3 Fun Tournament / League) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 22 2012 Anchor

Who would be interested in joining a series of CoE 3 multiplayer games?

Game mode: Any we agree on
Timetable: Any we agree on
Society, classes, tounament / league mode: Any we agree ... i think you've understood the principle.

The only price would be an entry in a Hall of Fame.

Everyone is welcome to join, the more people the better :).

Mar 22 2012 Anchor

Suggestions:
There are multiple choices of Chat rooms and IRC Channels that can be used to help setup such games. And to allow some "trash talk" during the game.

Even if you use NO mods at all, just like in the Dominions games I would recommend using an empty filler mod. That will allow you to make emergency changes in the middle of the game without having to start over

if you use the --gamelog switch then you will get a score file with actual numbers in it and the number of turns taken which can be useful in creating a Hall of Fame

I also recommend using --autosave for making automatic backups

There are some maps available which make the game interesting. And at least one that is designed to provide a more less random and more fair game for MP settings

Mar 22 2012 Anchor

I have yet to play MP but am prepared to give it a go

Mar 25 2012 Anchor

Yes, let's play :)

vladikus
vladikus The Lazy One
Apr 5 2012 Anchor

I like this idea a lot, and I have been considering whether or not to have a CoE3 Hall of Fame section with a point system for multiplayer games.

We could get a list of people wanting to enter, set up a tournament ladder, let the two players duke it out on their time and report the winner.

It would be fun to have sponsored prizes for the winner of the tournament as well.

Edited by: vladikus

--

Slackware 14.0
Debian 6.0.6

Apr 5 2012 Anchor

I would be interested once I get a better handle on the game. Just got it this week.

Apr 10 2012 Anchor

Count me in.

vladikus
vladikus The Lazy One
Apr 15 2012 Anchor

Announcing a multiplayer tournament beginning May 18th. Note that you do not have to begin your game exactly on that day--games will be completed on the players' schedules.

Visit Coe3.proboards.com to read the rules and sign up.

Edited by: vladikus

--

Slackware 14.0
Debian 6.0.6

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.