Coda is a free stand-alone indie game. Coda focuses on thoughtful, unforgiving, competitive, fast paced and stylish gameplay. It provides several interesting systems which players have to use in harmony in order to defeat their opponents. Coda features a player control system which borrows mechanics from fighting games such as Guilty Gear.

Forum Thread
Official map submissions for 1.4 (Games : Coda : Forum : General Discussion : Official map submissions for 1.4) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 18 2010 Anchor

Ok guys, the august UDK release included full scaleform UI elements so I can finally make a good release with some more advanced menus. I've seen some cool maps posted on the forums. I'm starting this thread so you guys can post all your maps here in one place for 1.4. Just post a description, screens, and a link to where I can download the map and I will put it in the beta release for testing. If people like your map after beta testing, I will include it in 1.4. Thanks again guys.

Aug 29 2010 Anchor

Oh come now, we both knew I was going to put these here... ;)
Moddb.com
Megaupload: HERE

I'm touching up on Megalopolis and an unnamed third one. I'll put em up when they are done.
Megalopolis screens: Moddb.com

Aug 30 2010 Anchor

Warsign wrote: Oh come now, we both knew I was going to put these here... ;)
Moddb.com
Megaupload: HERE

I'm touching up on Megalopolis and an unnamed third one. I'll put em up when they are done.
Megalopolis screens: Moddb.com

Awesome, I'm going to stick this in the repo and we can start testing.

Edited by: Krussell

Sep 12 2010 Anchor

Took awhile, but im finally done

description courtesy of jarg- "deep in the mountains of east india, a mysterious pyramid holds suspended thousands of feet in the air by strange technology. A war rages over this territory for control of this artifact by several cell-phone wielding hipster ninjas who battle each for their own reasons. Among them, YOU! Fight TODAY 'OMIGOSH ITS AWESOME A FLOATING PYRAMID' said one local ninja hipster, don't be left out! *service charges may apply, S&H not included"

Megaupload: download

Edited by: Emofish

Sep 12 2010 Anchor

Hello, (can't believe Emofish wanted to quote me lol) I'm JARG. I've had a few maps WIP, but never really got any to a playable state until rather recently. After pushing pretty hard to finish it, I believe this map is ready to be submitted for your consideration.

Designed originally to only have the main stage, I decided to add the surrounding rings(inspired in part by fishy's rings) as a sort of quasi-containment sphere after remembering people's general dislike of platform maps. The reason for this is that I would like people to have a more forgiving outdoor experience. The rings provide a chance that you could recover(however a well aimed earth smash could direct you past this "safety net"), and the opportunity to practice moving in three dimensions; at least that is the role that I hope it provides(I've only been able to test it alone so far). Additionally, I experimented with another dynamic that I have yet to see employed to any significant extent in coda, sliding. In the center platform there are four partial tubes which each allow a player to slide to one of the four supporting platforms. As well as being able to slide along many of the rings which surround the stage, I am interested to see if and how this could affect gameplay; it's there, but you don't have to use it. This map is sort of a test for me, I'd love to hear what people think of it(this is probably not the appropriate place though, a pm would suffice), and I hope you're able to use and enjoy it!

If it's liked perhaps I could make more maps in the future and refine this one(currently it doesn't even rotate).

Megaupload: download

Edited by: JARG

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.