Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the Stone Age to the Information Age. Wage war, conduct diplomacy, advance your culture, and go head-to-head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
Will give this game a full 10 review but only for the sole reason that i loved playing Civilization V and VI ( i consider Beyond Earth to be VI and this game VII )
The good parts i like about this game are
- a slight level more 3D graphics and scale on things
- architecture is unique per civilization
- the addition of empires that were not present before
The parts i do not like about Civ VI are
- the leaders are designed to look childish and naive art-like with oversized heads , i liked much more the leader as they were in Civ V ; although this isn't at all a problem , i would have preferred a more realistic direction for them rather than a Settlers-esque direction
- again about the leaders i need to mention that there are too many male leaders compared to female leaders ; again although this is not a problem it does make me feel bad about the disparity
- some buildings have the same architecture for all empires ; it was proper to have all buildings respecting the unique architecture of the empire in question
- the wonders system that can all be built by any civ no matter to what civ the wonder belongs to is nothing new , we had this since quite long ago in Rise of Nations ; i would have liked capped wonders specific-per-empire that could only be built by that empire and of course using that empire's architecture and real life examples of monuments they had
- 19 empires is a smaller selection than the previous game but i hope future expansions will add to the numbers
My true verdict would be 7/10 at this moment but i always rate games maximum and Civilizations VI makes no exception
Will certainly get the game and gladly play it
A good launch and great game for now but it needs work, really need mods or the expansions in the future.
Great game, thats why :)
Civ 5 is almost impossible to beat IMO. Unfortunately, that is proven here. Disappointed after a long wait...
Cons - Maps are huge. Graphics cartoonish, and I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the map. Play either too slow or too fast.
Pros - builders, districts.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.