Chess Warfare is a turn-based strategy game that resembles the well-known game of Chess. The things that set it apart from it however are completely new rules that require a different approach and strategical thinking, the option of playing with up to four players (AI or humans) and the fact that Chess Warfare can be played on an actual chessboard with standard chess pieces.
Chess Warfare was thought out to be as a better, more fun alternative to the standard game of Chess. Therefore, there are many things Chess Warfare offers that can't be found in the standard game of Chess.
- optional time-limited turns;
- texture packs;
- Artificial Intelligence;
- the option of choosing your own unit types;
- the option of choosing your own names and colors;
- games for up to 4 players at once;
- team-based games;
- various map sizes and game modes;
- multiple moves at once (3 in the beginning, 2 afterwards);
- balanced moves (an attack takes 2 moves);
- a game excitement bar (that shows how awesome the game is);
- adding randomly-placed or player-placed obstacles to the game's map;
- individual statistics, ranks and medals at the end of every game;
- game options to customize your game experience;
- an original soundtrack;
- a detailed Warfarepedia that covers every single area of the game (the game rules, mechanics, game modes etc.);
- save/load features;
- customizable autosaves;
- a map editor;
- custom maps, which can be made to your own liking;
- a set of many already-made custom maps with variated playing styles (like Sieges or Duels);
- the capability of playing Chess Warfare in real life on one or more chessboards.
Chess Warfare was programmed in Python with the additional Pygame library by 3 students over the course of 5 months, and it spanned on over 14.000 lines of code; now, for the 1.1 release, we had a new member join us, and over the course of 6 more months, we made the 1.1 version that spans on over 42.000 lines of code.
If you have any feedback, suggestions, opinions or anything in regards to us or this game, you are welcome to express yourself!
We’ve just added an update with a new, fan-made Texture Pack (made by StopSignal: www.stopsignal.newgrounds.com ) and with a bugfix regarding the AI’s attacks. If you’re downloading this and moving from an older version to 1.11, move your "Config", "Maps", "MapsMP" and "Saves" folders over the downloaded 1.11 version (to keep your options, achievements, maps made, saved games and so on). Have fun!
We have published a new update for Chess Warfare with Multiplayer, AI, a new Texture Pack, Achievements, a lot of bugfixes, and other features.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The 1.11 version of the original game, with a new, fan-made texture pack and a bugfix.
The 1.10 version of the original game, with included multiplayer, achievements, AI, a series of bugfixes, and other features.
The first version of the game, 1.00, that has been tested on Windows x32 (x86) and x64 versions.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.