This is an walkaround for people who:
- Using windows7
- Call of Duty 2 is installed form DVD (It can be installed by hitting setup.exe on the DVD directly)
- Launch option "Run as an administraor" is activated for the game
- Click a SINGLE PLAYER icon to launch the game and NOTHING happens (without any error message.)
As long as I googled, this problem seems to be caused by a copy protection system which is disabled recently due to security risks. A detail on the problem is written at (ttp://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-update-disables-safedisc-on-windows-7-and-8-breaks-down-some-games-492610.shtml ).
As the link above says, safedisc.syscan be enabeld manually by following steps.
!! It is noted that enabling safedisc.sys may cause security vulnability. Do it at on your risk. !!
- Launch command prompt with admin. privilege
- Type "sc config secdrv start= demand"
- Type "sc start secdrv" to start safedisc.sys manually
That's all. I you succeeded, DVD is automatically loaded after clicking single player icon.