From original BattleTech/MechWarrior creator Jordan Weisman and the developers of the award-winning Shadowrun Returns series comes the next-generation of turn-based tactical 'Mech combat.
Excellent turn based game with epic battles, nice sound, excellent music and a very nice story. I think is one of the best games I ever played of that saga, however it has some issues but well, I think are acceptable. There is my review:
- Gameplay, a little complicated on the begining but after it is easy to play.
- Music, is excellent, epic, sad, I feel like the old games.
- Sound effects, very limited but are ok, more specific when you fire the PPC, sounds like it hurts. ;)
- Campaign/story mode, is not too large but is enough for play and enjoy it.
- Large battles, some are very difficult and require think carefully your movements.
- Custom options for mechs and mercenaries.
- Many loadscreens and time required for load even the mech bay.
- After the story end, the campaign mode convert on a sandbox, I´d liked focus a little more on the conflicts between the houses or something more interesting than generate randomly missions.
- Sometimes the missions can be repetitive or not very interesting, or very hard with a small payment and viceversa.
- Some weird physics effects, speciality when mechs interact with buildings, a wall fly like a box!
- The color palette is a little limited for custom the mechs, or at least I feel it need more dark colors or more patterns for camos.
- The contracts lies! xD Some missions are very easy and you carry an Atlas, but sometimes you carry a balanced team with recruits... vs 2 assaults lances and reinforcements of tanks, holy Molly!
- Maybe, maybe, maybe some mechs are a little unbalanced, Atlas should be a monster on the battlefield but is hard to control, I think is more efficient Highlander: jump, gauss rifle and many heat sinks, other example is, how in the hell can resist a lot of damage a Vindicator compared for example with a Quickdraw... even a Vindicator can carry better equitment than this mentioned, etc.
I recomend the game, yes it has many lack things but are ok, I really enjoyed it, but I feel it needs dlc, maybe when the clans arrive? should be interesting. :3
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.