Are you tired of using the orange-y default lantern color? Well, this add-on is for you!
- Before opening, download 7-zip.
- Open the 7z and drag both the ColoredLanterns folder and the resources.cfg file in your Amnesia installation folder. If there are any conflicts with other mods in your resources.cfg file please backup your resources.cfg before testing.
- Start the game up. The default color for the lantern is white.
If you want to change it, follow the specific color-changing instructions down below
CHANGING THE COLOR
- Go to ColoredLanterns\graphics\item
- Rename default lantern.tga to lantern_white.tga, then rename lantern_yourfavoritecolor.tga to lantern.tga
- Go to ColoredLanterns\entities\item\lantern
- Rename default lantern.dds to lantern_white.dds, then rename lantern_yourfavoritecolor.dds to lantern.dds
- Go to ColoredLanterns\models\hand_objects\lantern
- Rename default lantern.ho to lantern_white.ho, then rename lantern_yourfavoritecolor.ho to lantern.ho
Reminder that "yourfavoritecolor" refers to your actual favorite color, in this case, mine's blue.
If you want to get the original lantern back, follow the specific restoring instructions down below
RESTORING DEFAULT LANTERN COLOR
- Delete "ColoredLanterns" folder in your Amnesia installation folder.
- If you have a backup you can delete the currently used "resources.cfg" and rename your backup to "resources.cfg".