3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
v2.17.2 Incoming! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : v2.17.2 Incoming!) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

Surprise! The next update is coming early!

Big improvements include a new quest type that allows you to take over an enemy fort by killing all nearby enemies and accessing the fort's computer. There also is a new "minifighter vendor" block that players can build. You can use this new block to purchase minifighters for your fortress! :-)

Other notable improvements include a new leaves texture, improvements to the construction tool & building block's construction accuracy, and merchant's inventory generation. You may also notice better looking inventory graphics for the swords & shotguns.

Complete list of changes:
* New quest to take over enemy forts!
* New "Miniship Vendor" block: purchase minifighters for your fortress!
* Leaves texture redone
* Inventory items will now be scaled correctly (e.g. no more stretched out shotguns & swords)
* Fixed a multiplayer map crash
* Improved the placement accuracy of the construction tool & building blocks
* Dieing targets will now become slightly transparent and red
* Item descriptions are now sorted better
* Merchants now have a better variety of items for sale
* Satchel bombs will now properly destroy brick and concrete
* You should no longer immediately punch after placing your last building block
* Made a tweak that should hopefully fix the remaining multiplayer character synchronization bug
* Energy stat increase will now happen less for small energy brownouts
* You will no longer lose credits when dieing in the air on a new game
* Slightly decreased armor defensive points (should help damage balancing later in the game)
* Slightly lowered item resale rate
* If you make your saved game directory hidden (.3079Saves), 3079 will use it properly now
* Decreased the Demon's ambient sound volume a bit

Edited by: Phr00t

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Awsome! :D

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Awesome! Looks like I'll be doing an update vid early this week!

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

So many great features, so fast! *applause*
'bout time to increase my collection of :devil:

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

I love the satchel bombs :

Don't find the door ? So make one ! :devil:

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

Nice, thanks for the fast response.

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

A small maintenance release is coming (v2.17.3):

* Improved terrain loading speed & build order
* Purchased miniships will now position themselves better
* Added a note to purchased miniships that they will disappear if abandoned
* Fixed a bug in faction symbols when taking over an enemy fort

Edited by: Phr00t

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

Gamersgate doesn't seem to have the latest version :/

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

The guy I send the update to is apparently off on vacation until the 23rd. I just sent it to another guy at GamersGate, so hopefully they will get it updated soon. The tool they provide for updating games doesn't support Java executables, which is why I need to do it manually through the GamersGate staff :-/ It usually gets updated pretty quick, but this vacation complicates things :-/

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

Phr00t wrote: The guy I send the update to is apparently off on vacation until the 23rd. I just sent it to another guy at GamersGate, so hopefully they will get it updated soon. The tool they provide for updating games doesn't support Java executables, which is why I need to do it manually through the GamersGate staff :-/ It usually gets updated pretty quick, but this vacation complicates things :-/

Thanks for the quick response Phr00t!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.