3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
v2.15.1 Stable incoming! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : v2.15.1 Stable incoming!) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

3079 has hit a milestone and no longer considered "BETA"! Players should now expect a more bug-free and stable playing experience, both in single player and multiplayer. 3079, however, isn't complete -- I'm sure there are still a few minor bugs kicking around, and I'd like to get in some more highly requested features like maps and more destructive items.

This most recent update was all about tying up some loose ends. There was a hanging bug introduced in v2.14 which should now be fixed, and a long-standing Windows crash-on-exit should be fixed.

Finally, as a result of 3079 hitting its "Stable" status, the price will no longer be reduced. The full price of $12.49 will go into effect when the updated, stable version is available for download across all distribution platforms (BMT Micro, Desura & GamersGate). I was shooting for all of that to happen today (April 7th), but it being Easter weekend, might incur some delay.

Here are the complete list of changes:
* Fixed a hanging crash that happened randomly
* Fixed a Windows crash when returning back to the Main Menu
* Items will drop from targets you've done significant damage to (instead of just getting the last shot)
* Exterior building walls (and doors) are now destroyed by capital ship fire
* Mini fighters now shoot accurately when banking and rolling
* Confirmation key (default F2) is now configurable
* Player lists in multiplayer games now show levels
* Levels are now properly synced between players in multiplayer
* Buildings will no longer be generated near (or within) city border walls
* Added a new multiplayer command "/givecredits" for exchanging credits
* Camouflage increases in multiplayer now require at least 10% damage to be dealt
* Accidental bullets and splash damage won't hurt your faction so much anymore
* Mining skill should increase a bit quicker when using a higher level drill
* Automatic player saves now happen more regularly
* The demo version of 3079 can now run dedicated servers for full versions
* Characters and mini fighters now rotate up & down correctly in multiplayer games

Edited by: Phr00t

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

It's time to call Steam !!

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

I submitted the game to Steam, but I've heard it can take a month to get a response! I'm hoping there are some ways we can improve our odds :P

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

I got the game at 11:00 PM last night, It automaticly installed v2.15 and I might have Been The First one (Besides Phr00t? :P) to get it. I cant wait for a Server to be up an running

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

You must have gotten it from BMT Micro :) I updated it sometime last night.

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Yup :3 I guess that means there wont be a server up for awhile? Me and my Brother want to play (Local Network) but I im not Pro. at That stuff : /

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

It isn't that hard to start your own server and play with your brother :)

One player clicks "Start Server", and you pick what player you want to start the server with. The default settings should be fine (e.g. 76 characters per player). The second player will then do "Join Server", and type in the local IP address of your server.

To find the local IP address of your server, follow these simple instructions on the machine that started the server:

Groovypost.com

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Thank you VERY VERY much :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D!

Apr 9 2012 Anchor

Did you fixed the hang and crash? :)

I'm sorry i couldn't post the Visual IM during the crash. Had a busy week. Just finished an exam today.
Anyway, goodluck!

Apr 9 2012 Anchor

I do believe both problems have been fixed!

Apr 13 2012 Anchor

Greetings to the 3079 Boards!

I just recently discovered 3079 and have been playing the demo for two days,now I'm addicted!
However, I am a mac user and was wondering if the new 'stable' (out of beta) update was made for all the OS versions (I currently have snow leopard)

Apr 13 2012 Anchor

3079 is supported on the Mac platform, and releases are made available on all supported OSes at the same time (nice thing about Java and jMonkeyEngine!). You should be able to download v2.15.1 for Mac now :)

Apr 13 2012 Anchor

Thank you for such a quick reply Phr00t!
That is fantastic news :D I'm sold!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.