3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
50 Cent Pricing Error (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 50 Cent Pricing Error) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 14 2012 Anchor

Hey guys,

I want to be straight with you guys -- there was a 50 cent pricing error with 3079 on Desura. The game was always meant to be $12.49, and I'm not sure why or how long the game has been listed at $12.99 incorrectly. It has always been $12.49 on BMT Micro and GamersGate, as intended for the stable version. The BETA version included a 28% discount (which brought the price correctly from $12.49 to $8.99), so I'm not sure why it got listed as $12.99 sometime after the 28% discount was discontinued.

I can't see a way to issue 50 cent refunds within Desura... however, if you did purchase 3079 for $12.99, and you really want the 50 cents refunded to you, send me an e-mail at phr00t -at- gmail -dot- com. I may be able to look you up in Desura records to see when it was purchased, and we may find a way to get the 50 cents back to you (paypal, perhaps?). This is a manual process, so it might take some time to figure this out :-\

I sincerely apologize!
- Jeremy

Edited by: Phr00t

Apr 15 2012 Anchor

Aw what the hell, that's just my luck. Still, I don't want my 50 cents back, I want this game to not die! :) Keep up the good work

Apr 15 2012 Anchor

So that's what 50 Cent has been up to lately? Making pricing errors. Far cry from making rap albums and violent video games.haha

Seriously though, I would be with Raiden if I had just bought the game. I would say keep my 50 cents.

Apr 17 2012 Anchor

Found the culprit... I set the price to $12.49, and it went back up to $12.99. Apparently Desura needs prices rounded up to the nearest "99 cent" mark... :| So, 3079 will be $12.99 on Desura. I'll see that 3079 is worth that extra 50 cents :P

Apr 17 2012 Anchor

You owe me 83.33% of a coke! :lol:

... though I'll take extra content too 8)

Edited by: TheMcWopper

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Have you tried getting 3079 onto GOG.com? :D

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

I have, this was their response:

"We’ve taken a good look at 3079, it sounds like an interesting mix of genres all in one game.

Unfortunately we are a bit concerned as to the sales potential of such a game amongst our userbase who are generally focused on RTSs, Adventure games and old-school RPGs such as Baldur’s Gate and the Might and Magic series.

Additionally we are looking at a very tight release schedule for 2012 and we have many great games waiting for release."

:|

Edited by: Phr00t

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Phr00t wrote: I have, this was their response:

"We’ve taken a good look at 3079, it sounds like an interesting mix of genres all in one game.

Unfortunately we are a bit concerned as to the sales potential of such a game amongst our userbase who are generally focused on RTSs, Adventure games and old-school RPGs such as Baldur’s Gate and the Might and Magic series.

Additionally we are looking at a very tight release schedule for 2012 and we have many great games waiting for release."

:|

People don't recognize great games when they see them, do they?

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

That sucks. :\

Apr 18 2012 Anchor

Phr00t wrote: "Unfortunately we are a bit concerned as to the sales potential of such a game amongst our userbase who are generally focused on RTSs, Adventure games and old-school RPGs such as Baldur’s Gate and the Might and Magic series.

Well, that's just a flat out lie. :sick:
What about duke nukem? painkiller? Blood? Postal f*cking 2? I had no idea Postal 2 was considered an Adventure game.

Not really sure what other games being released has to do with anything either. Maybe they don't want to run release ads for 3079 in place of other games' ads?

Edited by: TheMcWopper

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.