3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
3079 v2.9.1b incoming! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 3079 v2.9.1b incoming!) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 25 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

Welcome new Indie Royale customers! I've been updating 3079 about once a week, so expect lots of updates :-)

New stuff in v2.9.1b is Humoid and Neander cities (I first called them military complexes, but they came out to look and feel more like cities!). You also will start in a friendly Humoid city which should help new players out a bit :)

As a result of the new biome (and a shift in biome centers), you will likely notice odd biome behavior in previously saved games where terrain was already generated. This shouldn't prevent you from playing and enjoying previous games, though :)

A complete list of changes:
* Humoid and Neander cities/complexes now implemented!
* You will now start right above (and wake up in) a friendly Humoid city/complex
* Combined keys into one "interaction" key to talk with leaders, merchants & toggle doors
* Many updated textures: trees, dirt, buildings, grass, storage etc.
* Friendly characters should no longer attack each other when fighting in a group
* Reduced the number of free, random items found in buildings
* The server name you are trying to connect to is now trimmed of extra spaces
* Increased the demo time limit a bit
* Mining drill now destroys all soft terrain in addition to rocks
* Corrupted items with no graphics will no longer cause a crash, but an "error" item instead
* Changes to how items store data, which should help multiplayer network performance
* Followers don't cause other characters to auto-follow you anymore
* Followers don't disappear after death now

I am uploading the update to Desura now, and then Desura needs to approve it. This process may take 16-32 hours :-/

Edited by: Phr00t

Feb 25 2012 Anchor

Woot :D

Feb 25 2012 Anchor

Awesome! Can't wait!

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

Hey phr00t, what exactly do you mean by cities/complexes being implemented? Are they just a dense area of one type of faction? Please respond if you can, thanks!

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

I made a new player.

I see somethings like roads

I hang over the surface

I look around me

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing !

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

Yeah, kinda like a dense area with just one faction. There are walls providing shelter to the bases, and all the buildings are one faction -- there is a little more to it, you will see :-)

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

I just created a new character! Damn, this is awesome!

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

Pretty good. But too much traders around!

Feb 26 2012 Anchor

Fantastic! =3 Been playing it for about two hours now. The only problem that's messing with my gameplay is that during the day/night and night/day cycle the change in lighting makes my game drop to like 1 frame per 3 seconds. >_> The game runs almost perfectly at all other times, so if you can find a way of working on the lighting changes taking up less processing power, that'd be AMAZING. =3

Feb 29 2012 Anchor

Is there any chance that you can make an option to have characters auto follow you? it was kind of usefull.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.