3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
3079 v2.7.9b on its way! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 3079 v2.7.9b on its way!) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 10 2012 Anchor

I'm in the process of uploading v2.7.9b to Desura now -- thank you all for your support and suggestions! I'm working hard to get them into 3079!

If you can't wait for Desura's approval, and you want to hear the music and see the bullet trails, you can download the v2.7.9b Demo here now:

Mediafire.com

Changes:
* Music! Different music for questing, wandering and fighting with smooth transitions
* Projectile/bullet trails: smoke trails for rockets & grenades, energy trails for others
* Dedicated server run via command line with java: java -jar 3079.exe --server [name] [population count]
* Limb damage effects: high-damage shots in the legs slow target, arms cause bad accuracy
* Items now show their individual weights in inventory
* Fixed bugs that caused weight inconsistencies
* Fixed a bug that caused weight to not be updated when buying / taking something from storage
* Reduced overall resale value of items
* Removed "resale" penalty from gems, making them worth more
* New fist graphics
* Limited the rate at which you can get free items at the end of the game
* Characters now will have a maximum leg count of 4
* New HUD indicator to notify player of current effects
* Grenades are no longer perfect cubes
* Grappling hook doesn't shake you anymore when reaching the hook point
* Minor changes to performance and memory management

Edited by: Phr00t

Feb 10 2012 Anchor

id get the demo but i dont rlly like media fire il just wait and it sounds epic with the music and limb damage

Feb 10 2012 Anchor

Phr00t

Someone wrote: * Limited the rate at which you can get free items at the end of the game

there's an end to the game?

Feb 10 2012 Anchor

Yup :-)

Feb 11 2012 Anchor

Music! Fist graphics! HUD! The alpha is getting better once again. What's next?

Feb 11 2012 Anchor

hey phr00t, will the game be able to make a hamachi server, instead of using your personal IP ?

Feb 11 2012 Anchor

W31RD0M4N wrote: hey phr00t, will the game be able to make a hamachi server, instead of using your personal IP ?

Uhm, if you can write your own personal ip, i think it whould work to just write your Hamachi ip?

uhm is it updated yet? because my version dosent seem to update

Feb 12 2012 Anchor

Characters used to be able to have more than 4 legs?

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

When this version is coming to gamersgate? There is just 2.6 version.

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

It is updated now! :)

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Thanks! :)

Feb 15 2012 Anchor

Thanks for the update! Loving the new music and projectile trails. Items weights are also definitely helpful for inventory sorting. This update also marks the first time I've seen a ground-based enemy climb its way to the top of a cactus in the desert and use it as a vantage point - no idea if that's an intentional new behavior or not, but it interesting to see regardless.

Edited by: ztrauq

Feb 15 2012 Anchor

Just wait for v2.8.x -- I've made a few changes to the way enemies jump (also stopped them from jumping inside buildings) which should make them seem a bit "smarter" when getting over obstacles ;-)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.