3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
3079 v2.11.10b incoming! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 3079 v2.11.10b incoming!) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 10 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

LOTS of stuff in this update. First, I wanted to get the mini-ships completed. Urcheon made 3079 some sweet cockpit graphics, each for the different faction ships. Lots of multiplayer synchronization stuff was improved for the mini-ships & an afterburners feature was added. Turrets are now in, and they can be found in cities, faction-controlled forts and also constructed by players. To keep things balanced, you can only build 3 turrets, and they go away when you leave the area. Elevators can now be built, which should help with your sniper towers ;)

I also implemented lots of request interface improvements, like having the escape key get rid of dialogs without showing the "exit game" message. I've also added options to delete games & restart games with previous characters.

What is next? I hope to find a solution for 3D weapons and get some new items added. I also have a few more loose ends in multiplayer to fix, like guys getting stuck in floors.

Here is the complete list of changes:

• Turrets! Now you can build and find automatic defense turrets
  • Mini-ships are almost complete: cockpits added (thanks to Urcheon) & many bugs fixed
  • Mini-ships can now be safely stopped by holding the "stop ship" key
  • Mini-ships are now immune to crashes for a few moments when taking off
  • Mini-ships now have a thruster sound
  • Mini-ships now have an afterburner ability by holding forward
  • Added options to restart new worlds and delete previously saved games
  • Fixed the ESC key to close out dialogs without popping up "exit game" message
  • Added a confirmation dialog to committing suicide
  • You can now build elevators
  • Fixed a bug that caused mini-ships to spawn inside buildings
  • Fixed characters being alive while showing 0% health
  • Fixed a crash that happened when clicking "cancel" on the connection address dialog
  • Fixed many server-related crashes, which caused "frozen characters" for clients
  • Added new Humoid & Neander face textures (thanks again to Urcheon)
  • Added a new "Very Basic" graphics setting for slow hardware that reduces draw distance
  • Construction options can now be cycled quicker by quickly clicking the right-mouse button
  • Fixed the storage box's construction point cost
  • Improved starting faction with Humoids so accidental attacks won't cause global hatred
  • Disabled camouflage while in a mini-ship
  • Demons should no longer spawn in air when the Demon King is dead
  • Attacking mini-ships will now affect the player's faction
  • Removed rounding errors when characters are finding the correct rotation to look & aim
  • You can now immediately activate batteries & generators when purchased at merchants
  • Fixed a bug that caused the chat history log to stop updating after awhile
  • Limited the console text entry length to avoid really long chat lines
  • Found ways to improve networking performance by pre-compressing known item names
  • Fixed a bug that made players stay invisible when using ships outside your view area
  • Made tweaks to AI so characters investigate when losing a target, instead of still "attacking"
  • Found some areas to improve CPU performance
  • Made some tweaks to hopefully fix characters not showing up for other players in multiplayer

If you purchased from BMT Micro -- you can get the update now! Just re-visit the download link you got from BMT Micro and re-install. Desura, IndieRoyale and GamersGate customers will have to wait for approval, but the updated version has been uploaded to all of these places.

Thank you again for your support!
- Jeremy (aka Phr00t)

Mar 10 2012 Anchor

That Phr00t-guy is a real tiger! Nice job - cant wait to test! RAAAWR!

Mar 10 2012 Anchor
Mar 10 2012 Anchor

Update just hit Desura, apparently.

Mar 10 2012 Anchor

Woohoo!

Mar 10 2012 Anchor

saw the new graphics options and jumped for joy :D

Mar 11 2012 Anchor

So many new features, nice work!

Mar 11 2012 Anchor

I still don't have the new version for 64-bit Linux :/ (on Desura)
but I can't wait to try out the new features.

EDIT: They have updated the link on indieroyale, so I just used the jar-file there and it works :)

Edited by: GonzoDark

Mar 11 2012 Anchor

go here with web browser, you need to be logged in Indiedb.com

oh well, good stuff :-)

Edited by: doomstar

Mar 17 2012 Anchor

I heard that if i buy 3079 from you website i get upadtes quicker and i was just wondering as i bought it from desura is there anyway i could mabye. Get a copy from you website so i can get the upadtes faster? I dont mind paying for another copy if i have to.

Mar 17 2012 Anchor

I kinda wish everyone just purchased off BMT Micro (from my website) so we wouldn't have this problem... I can't really give everyone who purchases from Desura also a BMT Micro download link, since it'd have to be done completely manually :S I recommend people just wait for Desura to approve the update. However, if you do want the latest access to the updates, you would have to buy it again via my website (http://3079.phr00t.com/ -> Purchase -> BMT Micro)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.