Forum Thread
need help in CS 1.6 menu design... (Forums : Coding & Scripting : need help in CS 1.6 menu design...) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 8 2012 Anchor

i want to know how to add 5th option in cs 1.6 player selection menu. i know we can do it cause i had seen it somewhere.. can someone please help.

Dec 8 2012 Anchor

I might be able to help. What are you trying to add?

Dec 9 2012 Anchor

well i have some extra cs models.. for eg the original models are gign, sas, seal team 6, gsg. only 4 options on the game menu for selection. i want to add a 5th 6th option. it involves some co-ordinate placing and running the player model selection script i think. i dont know which file the script is in and how to link the co-ordinates to new player model.

Dec 9 2012 Anchor

ritwikthorat wrote: well i have some extra cs models.. for eg the original models are gign, sas, seal team 6, gsg. only 4 options on the game menu for selection. i want to add a 5th 6th option. it involves some co-ordinate placing and running the player model selection script i think. i dont know which file the script is in and how to link the co-ordinates to new player model.

You would probably definitely need to edit more than the menu design for that. Player model selection is hard coded into the .dll. I've seen people do something like this with AMX MOD X though.

Dec 10 2012 Anchor

ok. lastly it'll be great if can u tell me which .dll file is it in. i will also check out the AMX MOD X thing. i too think that AMX MOD X approach would be easier. thanks for the help...

Dec 10 2012 Anchor

ritwikthorat wrote: ok. lastly it'll be great if can u tell me which .dll file is it in. i will also check out the AMX MOD X thing. i too think that AMX MOD X approach would be easier. thanks for the help...

Counter-Strike is closed source. Can't edit .dlls.

Dec 11 2012 Anchor

turns out you can assign a particular player skin to players (for eg: something like ' assign skin 3') by AMX MOD X if you are in control of server. but then, thats that! it hasnt got me any closer to my goal. though if you go in CS1.6/cstrike/resources/UI/ you'll find the files classmenu_CT.res and classmenu_TER.res just check out the contents of the files and u think that editing them will solve the problem. it doesn't though... something else is also necessary. ive heard that u can open dll files with tools like xextool and DhX... i just want a good headstart. i seriously think this is solvable/achievable... if u want ill post the contents of the files... i hoped that there would be more comments about this from different people on the forum. i thought people are supposed to be interested in stuff like this. pains me that they arent... :(

Dec 11 2012 Anchor

Yes the .res files control menus and I've seen CS mods that change this such as CSO NST. NST uses only AMXX plugins. Editing dlls is impossible unless you know assembly language and even then it's illegal.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

it'll be illegal if i distribute...:| im just doing this for educational purposes. i have basic knowledge of all kinds of programming languages. this CSO NST u talking about. ill check it out seems to be associated with cs online but still ill see. i think i need to dig deeper into amx mod plugin... ty

Dec 14 2012 Anchor

CSO NST is a fan made version of Cs Online. Not related to NEXON.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.