Forum Thread
Metal Gear: DCON (Metal Gear Solid 1 remake with new elements) (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Metal Gear: DCON (Metal Gear Solid 1 remake with new elements)) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 25 2013 Anchor
First post whoo! Also I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place! Hi guys, Metal Gear has always been once of my most loved franchises and I have always wanted to do something like it! Over the last 7 weeks I have put together a puzzle game called Metal Gear: DCON, I focused on fun mechanics and features rather than story. In this game the player must find ways in to rooms by gaining the correct key card for the room and completing mini challenges, there is 18 keycards and 17 rooms (the elevator does not count) each room is guarded by cameras and guards.

This video is quite outdated but it shows the basics of whats already in the works. This video was made to show the progress of stealth, as of now it has changed and been remade.

and feel!That little blue bar over the "life" is the stealth bar, it's only visible once the player has picked up stealth.
User Posted Image
Stealth is awarded to the player once he/she has completed the game on "hell" mode, once completed when the game is started on hell again you will spawn with stealth disabled. On easy or normal the player does not get stealth, on hard it is possible to find it.Stealth will last a total of 20 seconds of usage per game, when in stealth mode you do not have access to any pickups or doors, firing a weapon will also disable it.
User Posted Image
Weapons can also be found in rooms. The legendary Socom pistol, and the FAMAS. The Famas is fully automatic while the Socom is single fire. It is totally player choice to kill enemy soldiers in this game, soldiers who you kill will drop dog tags that you can pickup.
User Posted Image Because it is totally up to the player to kill soldiers, you can pickup their dogtags and read some info about who that person was.All the stats are 100% randomly generated so it is up to you to decide was it right to kill that solider or was it not? User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

There is a lot more features to come to this game! There will be many more videos to come!Please tell me what you think about this project and if there is any features you think should be added suggest them!There will be a web player version of this within the upcoming weeks :)

Edited by: Revolving_REC0N

Jun 26 2013 Anchor

Awesome! I love MGS. Did you create this on your own? What engine did you use?

Edited by: plinkie

Jun 26 2013 Anchor

Hi plinkie, this is my own project and is fully developed by me, I'm using Unity 3D 4.0.x!

Jun 26 2013 Anchor

A lot of people doubt the ability of UNITY. This shows to prove how versatile the engine really is. Please keep me posted. I'd love to try this out once it's done. :)

JacobRollin
JacobRollin Rollin Bros. Founder
Jun 26 2013 Anchor

This looks really awesome. Great work!

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

JacobRollin wrote: This looks really awesome. Great work!

Thank you!

Jul 19 2013 Anchor

I want to help, i'm a 3D Artist!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.