Forum Thread
Help Modding Un-encrypted Unreal 4.18 abandon-ware VR app (Forums : VR / AR Gaming : Help Modding Un-encrypted Unreal 4.18 abandon-ware VR app ) Post Reply
Thread Options
Nov 4 2018 Anchor

Hello, I am trying to mod a (free / abandonware) VR app, to make a couple changes, and work on WMRks no Rift and Vive but now Samsung Odyssey. If I could Mod it i could tet and fix it. WHen I try to mod I always get:

'c:/users/Woody/AppData/Local/Stage9/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor' must exist and contain a DefaultEngine.ini'
a
nd even though I triple check there is a Folder called WindowsNoEditor and an Ini called: DefaultEngine.ini, I am never able to make even the slightest change!

Help would be so very most welcome!I guess, put simply: is it possible to:

1) Unpak a Unreal app made in 4.18 w/ Uncrypted Pak

2) Change a Texture, , scale a mesh, etc (cook and replace ussat)

3) Without re-Pak'ing, Run the game?? OR if re-paking is required,.. How?

All of the methods I have tried to do this 'simple' mod, have proven non-effective. Please know, I don't ask for help until I am absolutely stumped having looked at hundreds, thousands of pages, tutorials etc. Having exhausted the internet basically :~) Asking for help is far from my is my first instinct.

Please help..

THANK YOU!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.