Forum Thread
Easy bit of Grand Theft Auto (1999) help please (Forums : Support : Easy bit of Grand Theft Auto (1999) help please) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 14 2013 Anchor

EDIT: I meant (1997)! (it's a habit, cos I've been writing about the first Unreal Tournament a lot lately (1999), sorry!

Hi guys,

Can someone let me know if there are any utilities or anything out there that would allow me to view (or preferably extract) any of the tiles/textures/BMPs or whatever in the old Grand Theft Auto (first one) for DOS or Windows?

I just want to be able to view the 'tiles' (any of the art 2D assets that makes up the textures on buildings or the road, grass, trees etc) so I could edit them in a paint program (I'm not interested in putting them in the game afterwards).

Thanks in advance.

Well, the answer is GTACars. I was looking through Gouranga for utils etc but it looked like all they did was let you open and edit cars, but this one does city elements too. Solved.

Well, the answer is GTACars. I was looking through Gouranga for utils etc but it looked like all they did was let you open and edit cars, but this one does city elements too. Solved.

Edited by: Harmon

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.