It's been quite a few months since I wrote the previous article. Many big things have happened to Blood: Dead on Arrival since then: the mod went from v1.3 to v1.5, a stream of it was uploaded on YouTube for the first time, a review of it surfaced on YouTube as well, and just today it reached the three-thousand mark for downloads here on Mod DB.
All of the effort I've put into everything I have worked on so far has paid off many times over. Not only did a lot of people play the mod, but I've also witnessed some outstanding fanwork and got further coverage of the project across the Web. Here's a full breakdown of the progress made since May:
- 20 more followers here on Mod DB.
- The v1.3 update was shared on Mod DB's Facebook page as well as other Mod DB social media. It also had an article written about it in Dark Side of Gaming. Said article has been shared and translated by many other gaming sites, like spaziogames.it.
- A Czech player (TartarusCast) uploaded the first stream of the mod on YouTube. And beat the campaign on the hardest possible difficulty (!!!).
- GeneralLotz reviewed the mod thoroughly on YouTube. His review is masterful and a must-watch for a quick overview of Blood: Dead on Arrival.
- An article for the mod was created on the Blood Wiki by wiki co-founder Gideon and it's currently being filled with brand-new info by yours truly. Stay tuned.
- MARV-ELLER showcased Blood: Dead on Arrival amongst other Blood-inspired mods for Doom in a nice video.
- NUKEMDAVE made an awesome wallpaper that I use.
- The mod is still being mirrored by gamepressure.com and GRYOnline.pl (thanks to Mod DB user MadMartiganGOL).
The YouTube trailer for the mod has now reached over a thousand views and it's still the most viewed video on my YouTube channel. Speaking of which, I have uploaded a video on it with all of the music featured on Blood: Dead on Arrival. I prepared it in advance for this occasion, listing sources and all.
A letter upgrade (v1.5b) is currently being worked on. I have created an official Discord server to talk about the mod and other projects I've worked on, so feel free to join if you want to be up to date with mod progress or if you simply want to chat. We're a cool bunch.
That's all for the moment. Thanks for reading!