Originally created by Volition Inc to run Freespace 2, the FS2_Open engine has been radically improved so that the engine can now compete with modern space combat simulation engines.
These are the Core files for the Storm Front Saga for FreeSpace2 in Version 2.2.2-Nova. Do not forget to download the Assets and Effects aswell to run this campaign. This is the manual archive, that does not contain a preconfigured wxLauncher profile, but it is usable for Linux and Macintosh aswell.
You are Lieutenant Commander Patricia Abayomi, squadron leader of the 88th Nova squadron, stationed aboard the GTD Constellation. Twenty months after the Capella supernova the GTVA has to confront the newly flamed up Hammer of Light fanatism in the Laramis system. The Constellation is deployed to investigate the intentions of the rebellion and to guarantee safety of the colonization project on planet Babylon...
You are still Lieutenant Commander Patricia Abayomi and now you have to lead your 88th Nova squadron against a new shivan threat! The Hammer of Light activities in the Valerii Nebula and Mab'bu system have led to a much bigger horror. Three years after the Capella star went supernova, the Shivans have returned! But to prevent the same events as during the Second Shivan Incursion, the Alliance is prepared and is ready to close the node into shivan territory right away. But before, the Alliance want to get as much information as possible about their Nemesis and yet, the flagship of the Hammer of Light is also still around and it seems to have own even darker plans...
You are Lieutenant Eric Monaghan, leader of a detachment of the 88th Nova squadron that is stationed on the GTCr Saxony. One year has passed since the Hammer of Light uprising, but that established only a fragile peace in the frontier systems. Even these are on the brink to declare independence as the United Alphard League, you are deployed to Barnard's Star to investigate some reports about supposedly spotted Shivans. But after you have just escaped a deadly solar flare there, you are actually not sure anymore if everything you believed to know about the last years has still a relevance...
You are Lieutenant Dumar, leader of Theta wing of the 19th Shield squadron, stationed aboard the GVD Memphis. It is the year 2367 and there is Civil War. You are send into the Deneb system and there you have only one goal: To prevent that the Neo Terran Front overrun your home!
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder and select "Nova Upgrade: Storm Front Saga" as the active mod.
2.2.1 -> 2.2.2-Nova
- Fixed a broken briefing symbol that causes the game to crash.
2.2.0 -> 2.2.1-Nova
- Fixed many table errors.
- Recreated some of the tables for MediaVP 3.8 compatibility.
- Rebalanced turret behaviour.
- Created long range versions of some beam cannons that are used in specific missions.
- Edited mv_shp_exp_flashes.cfg.
- Edited mv_wep_exp_flashes.cfg.
- Created an own hud configuration file for Storm Front, so that the HUD is displayed correctly if the player use the SB Seraphim.
- Cleaned up the mod files from unused assets and effects.
- Radar symbols for every ship.
- Included upgraded effects from 2367: Supernova (actually they orginate from the Colony Wars: Remastered development) & FreeSpace Port MediaVPs 2014.
- Included upgraded models & textures from Blackwater Operations, Inferno: Nostos, FreeSpace Port MediaVPs 2014 & The Scroll of Atankharzim.
- Replaced the MediaVP 3.8 Leviathan with the version from the MediaVPs 2014 to make the development from Fenris to Amalthea more consistent.
- Replaced the MediaVP 3.8 Orion & Typhon with versions from the FreeSpace Port MediaVPs 2014 for advanced ships with additional turrets.
- Replaced the .pcx nameplates with better .dds ones.
- Replaced one .ani CBAnim with an edited high quality APNG one.
- Changed IFF stuff in every mission with HoL or NTF ships.
- Created a nameplate for the GTFg Lima, GTFg Catania & NTCv Amakuni.
- Included the extended nebula.tbl for both MediaVPs and Retail full nebula enviroments.
- Deleted the Sun from every full nebula mission.
- The Cargo of the containers in "Counterstrike" were translated from German into English.
- Fixed the Wave Dancer spelling error in "Hot Zone".
- Added a missing planet background file from The Babylon Project that is used in "Action for Rejection".
- The Cargo of some ships in "I Spy With My Little Eye" was translated from German into English.
- Corrected directives and flags in "I Spy With My Little Eye".
- Added a missing planet background file from "Warzone" and fixed it, so that it is usable in "Red Herring".
- Fixed an event in "Blockade" that mysteriously caused a skip of "Runners".
- Fixed an event with an impossible calculation that lead to crashes in "Umbra Ruber".
- The campaign can be continued now, even if the Mirage is going down during "Pride..."
- Fixed invalid team events in "... will have a fall", "Line in the Sand" & "Cooperation".
- The Saxony will now have always the correct communication animation.
- Fixed a faulty event in "Tenderized".
- Added a new event in "Crossover" to make this mission solveable.
- Introduced proper mission names for the "Dumar I" campaign.
- Some rebalancing in the "Dumar I" campaign missions.
- Corrected the waypoint behaviour in "The Field of Shadows".