Using plugins usually ends up with limited engine access. This is not what I wanted for the Drag[en]gine. Thus I've implemented a plugin system which does not only place the engine in the website but gives you control over it.
- Load installed Drag[en]gine , modules and installed games
- Sets up the engine using found launcher configurations on your computer
- Checks all game requirements are fulfilled
- Provides support to launch an installed game
- Cleaning up the engine after exiting a game
The provided launcher functionality works similar to the console and GUI launcher installed by the Drag[en]gine. You can thus use the plugin to simply play games through your browser window or (and this is more interesting) to play games straight from the web. You can simply fill the engine with resources from the web and start it up with a Web-Game profile. This way you can make a game with web-content but using the installed Drag[en]gine for maximum performance and compatibility. The same platform independence holds true for the Drag[en]gine between the Web and PC like between PCs.
Now is time for some more remaining ticket reduction work. Let's see what the next news post holds in store for you.