This release is a patch with some major updates to the space mode in preparation for the upcoming 3.0 Galactic Conquest patch.
Requirement: The original "Wing Commander Invasion mod" ver 2.5 by Mapayne
Wing Commander Invasion 2.8 Changelog
- All projectiles reworked, each projectile will have its own graphics. The specifications are also modified, such as damage, speed, etc... to provide more varieties.
- All hardpoints reworked. Over couple of hundreds of hardpoints reworked to support the projectiles and ship class. This is determined by firepower + accuracy.
- All fighter squadrons reworked. Squadron sizes vary depending on faction, eg. Confed squadrons come in 2s while Kilrathi squadrons are 4s. Also, remodified all fighter parameters to improve AI efficiency.
- All ships are reworked. Each ship is appropriately reflected in their class by space layer, targetting priority, role masking, shield, armor, etc... Also, every ship will have at least 2 different kinds of cannons.
- ALL fighters and starships now have speed listed from the WC database. Every fighter with afterburners in WC now has turbo with appropriate speed multiplier.
- There are more missiles/torpedoes assigned to fighters and ships. Scale and distance of torpedos/missiles increased. Torpedo damage doubled and can only target ships.
- All starbases reworked. Each starbase will now start off with limited hardpoints. It will gain more hardpoints as it levels up. Each starbase's hardpoints gained has increased damage and distance per level.
- All corvettes hardpoints are no longer targettable, you must destroy the whole ship. Each faction will have a missile gunboat in level one that can launch long distance torpedoes. The next available torpedo carrying ship will be level 4. This makes these corvettes much more useful early game.
- Orbit satellite projectiles changed. Neph satellites AI fix.
- NONE of the mercenary ships have been modified, they will be in 3.0.
- Difficulty adjustments have been modified b/c GC shares the same difficulties. The credit bonus upgrades have been reduced back to down to 2.
- This update has been tested modestly. However, I don't have that much time to test the balancing. Please report any problems, glitches, or balance issues. They will be addressed in the 3.0 GC update.
- Eisen now commands the TCS Agincourt II, a Waterloo class carrier.
- Waterloo destroyers still limited to 5 and serve as a mix role ship. It will be a frigate class with the capital armor and shield.
- The Plunkette also plays a multi-role and carries missiles and torpedoes, but it is fully a frigate.
- Pelicans are weaker and healing reduced, but unlimited number can be built now.
- Murphy is scaled larger to reflect the 589m size and serves as Confed torpedo boat.
- Hades slightly increased to reflect 777m. It now carries 2 missile hardpoint but 1 railgun.
- Durango and Ranger remains mostly the same.
- Bengal now carries 2 missile hardpoints and 2 railguns with the scatterbomb ability.
- Confederation size increased to reflect 989m.
- Vesuvius and Midway are capships with capital armor/shield. Also, their damage is significantly heavier than the frigates. Still restricted to 4 and 2.
- Hobbes now commands the Bhantara while the Prince will command the Dreadnought 2 in skirmish level 5.
- Number of snakeirs increased to 3 since Dreadnaught 2 is now a hero ship.
- Zhu-Feng is now a level 2 fast attack cruise with 1 kilrathi railgun and 2 missle hardpoints change.
- Ralaxath now has a photonic cannon at level 2. It is a unique long range cannon with massive damage, but really slow and inaccurate.
- Kavor is now a level 3 heavy carrier/cruiser with 2 kilrathi railguns and 2 missile hardpoints.
- Bhantara is much weaker now and is considered a medium carrier with 2 missile hardpoints and the only carrier to have the Strakha fighters, which now have the appropriate cloaking ability.
- Fralthi cruiser will now join the Fralthi carrier at level 4 and is limited to 6. It is the Kilrathi multi-role destroyer with capital ship armor/shield.
- Fralthi carrier remains mostly the same, serves as a capital ship and limited to 6 but now carries capital ship torpedoes.
- Concom is now a level 1 torpedo destroyer, its size has also been increased to match its 492m size.
- Ralaradd remains a fast anti-fighter destroyer.
- Rakshaal remains the same as a light carrier. The next available carrier is level 3.
- Created 2 Kilrathi fighter Ace Squadron heroes. One is a darket hero, the other is a Strakha hero. Their profiles are taken from the WC database.
- Baracuda is now closer to WC Prophecy as a 130m anti-bombers/fighters corvette. It has been nerfed considerably, but is also cheaper and builds faster, similar to the IPV patrol craft.
- Triton size slightly decreased and is now a level 1 missile/torpedo gunboat.
- Ammonium cruiser size slightly increased and now serves as a fast cruiser/light carrier for level 1.
- Triton Carrier is now available to build at level 2 and will be a light/medium carrier with missile hardpoints.
- Orca is shrunk down to its original 600m size, hydra shrunk down to reflect 750m. Orcas no longer carry fighters.
- Kraken is now the multi-role level 4 destroyer for the Nephilim. It is now more like the WCP version, a frigate at 1200m length, limited to 5 from 4 and lowered pop by 1. Its plasma cannon damage has been reduced.
- Leviathan should be the same size as a Midway, according to the WC database. It serves now as a capital ship, fleet carrier. It is limited to 4 and uses more population.
- Tiamat remains mostly the same, however their plasma cannon has a new projectile art, so it looks different from the Kraken plasma.
- Created 2 more heroes for the Nephilim. One is an advanced Skate T assault fighter squadron. The other is a Baracuda corvette hero. All Nephilim heroes have custom icons and descriptions.
- Fixed the coding for the Magnetic Shield Armor upgrades. You can now visually see them deflect incoming projectiles.
Upcoming 3.0 GC Update:
The 3.0 GC update will take some time, as there are still areas I'm not familiar with and need to do research.
** Shout out and thanks to the original mod creator Mapayne for this awesome mod. :)