"The ultimate solution for the OFP/ACWA fallen tree bug".
TreeFix is a OFP/ACWA modification which provides a solution for one of the oldest OFP/Arma series bug - "the fallen tree bug". Thanks to TreeFix, fallen trees provide concealment & cover. By default, TreeFix provides limited geometry for fallen trees (View Geometry & Fire Geometry). You can enable all three geometries (Geo, ViewGeo & FireGeo) for fallen trees by placing TreeFix gamelogic in a mission or by a statement TREEFIX_FULLGEO=true.
The modification introduces tree classes which are available in editor (Empty \ >>TreeFix). It also adds a gamelogic (Game Logic \ >>TreeFix - FULLGEO).
TreeFix was tested on both 1.96 and 1.99 versions of the game. The modification is multiplayer-compatible.
- Increased island loading time.
- Increased saving/loading time.
- Framerate drops/stuttering.
- Fallen trees may not provide as much concealment & cover as their size would suggests.
- Some geometries may not be precisely aligned with fallen trees.
- TreeFix does not work on OFP (1.96) non-dedicated server. It can be fixed by placing a GameLogic named server in a mission.
- Under specific circumstances a fallen tree may hover/levitate above ground. The issue applies to ACWA (1.99) only.
TreeFix is based on Arma Licensed Data Pack.
TreeFix falls under the Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA).
Thanks to @damotr for providing a solution.