"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for Quake3 Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Dawn of the Gaunt"
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- optional use of new player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- configurable advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of "tier666TA-v6.66.zip" to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
* Change Log *
- replaced holdable item "Invulnerability" with instant powerup "Armor Regen"
- added a new gametype "Dawn of the Gaunt"(g_gametype 2) with bot support
- added *new* map entries in single player mode
- added a new simple large hud
- hud elements for player state(Health, Armor, Ammo) can now use its own number font
- added a smaller version of CTF for mpterra1
- force model feature is now more flexible with new cvars "cg_enemyModel" and "cg_teamModel"
- added a missing female model skin for "The Fallen" team
- james and janet models now use blue skins in non-team games instead of red to make them look more distinct with higher intensity
- unlocked some of the Team Arena voice taunts
- optimized aas file of mpterra3 for Max Overload
- changed item placement in mptourney1 to be more like Quake Live version
- updated graphic presets in system menu (Default, Pro, Hunter, Prototype, Blueprint)
- bots now rarely use bot-only dodging while roaming the level, instead they try normal jump as often as possible
- added a new cvar "hopper_hop_while_running_fast_mode"
- added a new cvar "cg_playerStateFont" that specifies number font by index
- added a new cvar "cg_postGameScreenshot" that activates auto post game screenshot feature for multiplayer
- added a new cvar "ui_postGameScreenshot" that activates auto post game screenshot feature for single player
- added new cvars "cg_dynamicMusic"
NOTE: dynamic music is only used for Clan Arena at the momemnt and is disabled by default
- added new cvars "r_waveBaseForceValue" and "r_waveAmplitudeScale" to universally control blinking textures in levels
- added new cvars "r_enemyHeadColorStyle", "r_enemyBodyColorStyle" and "r_enemyLegsColorStyle"
- added new shader tokens "nowavemod" to prevent rgb wave params to be forced by cvars
- changed protocol version to its own(666)
- improved bot jump to be more responsive and more precise
- replaced a cvar "r_simplePlayerSkin" with "r_colorfullPlayerSkin"
- replaced cvars "r_simplePlayerSkinRedR,G,B" with "r_colorizedEnemySkinR,G,B"
- replaced cvars "r_simplePlayerSkinOthersR,G,B" with "r_colorizedTeamSkinR,G,B"
- replaced cvars "r_freqScale" with "r_waveFrequencyScale"
- removed cvars "hopper_use_external_waypoints", "ui_recordSPDemo" and "ui_recordSPDemoName"
NOTE: external waypoint is now always activated if exists in bsp file
NOTE: entries of removed cvar are still left in "q3config.cfg" that can safely be erased
- fixed a critical bot AI bug where hopping percentage was not properly evaluated
- fixed a critical bot movement bug that sometimes made bots stick to walls
- fixed a critical bug that caused a server shutdown in 1FCTF when a player touched neutral flag during warmup
- fixed a bug that made tier666 cvars written to both "q3config.cfg" and "tier666.cfg"
- fixed a bug in cm_entityGametype where client cvar did not sync with server's
- corrected some errors in gametype specific bsp that could confuse bots
- corrected some errors in gray scale mode