"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- extra player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
- sampling human player jump from demo file as a helper waypoint for bots (experimental)
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of tier666TA-5.0.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (essential, addon contents should be located here for safety)
| |_ pak0-8.pk3
| |_ pak0-3.pk3
|_tier666TA\ (tier666 directory)
WARNING: You can't use tier666TA.exe to run other mods, including original Quake3 Arena.
* Change Log *
- added *new* map entries in single player mode for quickies
- added a new gametype "Clan Arena" (g_gametype 8) with bot support and "arena region"
NOTE: q3dm7 makes use of "arena region" as an example, this can matter only when playing against bots
- added more tactical AI per gametype (decision criteria whether to be aggressive or not)
- improved spawn locations in 3 terrain maps for "Max Overload"
- improved map filter in start server menu with more entries (CPM/OSP, Threewave, Rocket Arena)
- arbitrary skybox can now be shown with r_forceSkybox and r_skyboxImage as long as the level has sky
- fixed a critical bug in round based games where round never ends if player gets fragged after team wins
- added 2 render modes just for fun
NOTE: this is set by r_simpleTextures, -1:prototype mode, -2:blueprint mode
NOTE: some render settings(vertex lighting, fast sky, obb, picmip, texture intesity) are forced in these modes
NOTE: r_lineThickness and r_lineBrightness, to change the properties of border lines
NOTE: in these modes texture color is affected by the color of fastsky