A somewhat complete overhaul of Call of Juarez: The Cartel. Rebalanced and tweaked weapons, fixed the viewmodel positions so there's no more clipping, increased FOV, unlocked pre-order exclusive weapons, added developer menu to pause screen, improved movement, and tons more!
I don't know what possessed me to make a mod for this game, you can't even buy it on Steam or UPlay anymore.
A somewhat brief summary of all the changes I've made to Call of Juarez: The Cartel:
- Developer menu unlocked in pause screen, adds useful hotkeys in-game like toggling the HUD.
- Set FOV to 68 vertical (100 horizontal)
- Painstakingly went through every weapon and improved their viewmodel positions, no more clipping!
- Improved movement acceleration/deceleration and speed.
- Drastically improved hip fire accuracy for all weapons, shotguns' spread was hilariously bad before.
- Lowered the amount of zoom on all ironsights, it was nauseating. This includes Kim's weird passive zoom skill.
- Removed motion blur.
- Removed chromatic aberration (except from the HUD).
- Lowered universal mouse sensitivity so menus are usable.
- Increased jump height from 85 to 120. Not enough to break any levels, but now you can actually jump on objects. Sometimes you can use it to get over fences and behind enemies.
- Unlocked all weapons from the start, including the ones that were pre-order exclusives.
- Fists are available for the secondary weapon slot, if you're insane.
- All weapons now have more accurate magazine sizes.
- No depth of field on weapons when aiming. Sadly I couldn't find a way to disable world depth of field.
- Tons of weapon tweaks to hopefully make them more enjoyable to shoot. FAL is now full-auto, P99 now uses the sight attachment instead of a scope overlay, fixed bugs like the AK-47 having ridiculous drift if you fire it slowly, etc.
Please check the included "Changes.txt" for full, in-depth notes on everything I've changed!