Collection of various addons for NLC 7 Hard Edition 2.3.
Includes the following addons:
- 75 FOV = changes FOV from 67.5 to 75. By popular request I'll create more FOV options but chances are no one needs more than this, since this is akin to 100 FOV in most games.
- Faster movement and greater carrying cap = self-explanatory. Doubles carrying capacity at least as far as the parameters in system.ltx and actor.ltx goes, and increases movement speeds closer to vanilla values although still slower than that
- Faster movement and STANDARD carrying cap = same as the above except unaltered carrying capacity
- Guides and help = these are for Build 3.0, so they won't fully apply to Hard Edition but a lot will
- Headbob disabler = edits params.script to always force cam_inert to 0.0, aka no more terrible headbob
- Higher player resistances for novice mode = Novice mode gives you +50% vulnerability to most forms of damage; with this it gives you no additional vulnerabilities. This also incorporates faster movement speed and greater carrying cap.
- Save anywhere and spawn menu = Self-explanatory in what this does. To open the spawn menu, load a game and then pause and press F1. This is also where the save button is.
- Weapon rebalance = For gun nerds. This alters gun and ammo parameters to have authentic muzzle velocity, rate of fire, more authentic range, corrects all magazine capacities, and makes silencers no longer have unrealistic impact on weapon performance. Mild tweaks to damage just to normalize the differences between calibers and make them more authentic. This is a very mild rebalance ultimately; doesn't make everything go down more quickly or anything like that. Includes two versions: one for 75 FOV and one for the default 67.5 FOV.
- Weapon zoom fix for 75 FOV = removes weapon zoom and corrects all scope zooms for the 75 FOV
Merge+overwrite the gamedata folders (and bin folder for 75 FOV) with the one in your NLC 7 Hard Edition 2.3 unpacked folder
Another addon worth considering is OpenAL Soft:
Versions 1.22 and above seem to abandon surround sound support, so if you have true surround sound then use 1.21.2. To install it:
1. Copy the soft_oal.dll file into your NLC 7's bin folder
2. Launch the game and set snd_device to OpenAL Soft via the console/command line (~ key) OR set this in userdata_nlc6\user.ltx
3. You'll also need an alsoft.ini file to specify additional parameters such as channels, frequency, HRTF, and specifying decoders