This is pre-Alpha version and this is a final version, cause mod closed due low community activity :((
unpack folders to "Supreme Commander\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\ *.scd\ "
Love the handshake image :D
world war 3 has just begun
i dont understand how to install this mod
unpack rar-archive to
Supreme Commander\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\ :
folder "etc" to "etc.scd"
"units" to "units.scd"
"particiles" to "particiles.scd"
"lua" to "lua.scd"
use Total Commander or WinRAR
and still i dont understand
Ok, I'm guessing here but from what I can gather you should have several .SCD files in gamedata.
The mod consists of folders which match the names of some of these .SCD files.
What you have to do is unpack the .SCD file, then add the data from the mod to the new folder before repacking it as a .SCD
Use winrar or 7zip for this.
You might be able to skip the unpacking stage and just add a new folder to the .SCD's but not 100%
soo i have to move the folder of the exact name to scd file right
Well what I'm doing is extracting the .SCD files with the same name as the ones in the mod. That creates a folder with the same name, say, lua.
Then I'm moving the stuff from the lua mod folder in to this new folder and then repacking that folder.
The only problem I've got is that I can't repack as .SCD so I'm going to try as a zip and then rename it.
uhgghh......mass headache......i still dont know how to install this mod....
I'm not sure either. This is a total guess based on what was said.
I've almost finished setting it up so I'll give it a test and see if I've done it right.
reply it soon
Do i need to patch Supreme Commander?
need help how to install it......
Is there anyway you can make this into a mod folder format, for us simpletons that can't work it out?
Too many bugs. But I like your idea very much. Thanks
Ok I got it working.
I'll try a step by step guide as to how.
1. Download the mod and extract it using winrar or 7zip.
2. Go to supreme commander - forged alliance/gamedata
3. In here you will find many files of file type .scd e.g. lua.scd, units.scd
4. Using winrar/7zip unpack the ones that match the files in the download.
These should be env, lua, projectiles, textures and units.
5. You should now have 5 folders with those names.
6. Move the contents from the mod folders to the game folders e.g. put the stuff from the lua folder from this download in to lua folder in your gamedata folder.
7. Once this is done you will need to repackage the folders using winrar/7zip. You will end up with 5 zip files.
8. Rename the 5 zip files to .scd e.g. lua.zip becomes lua.scd
NOTE: you will want to move the original .scd files to a safe place to restore the normal game later.
9. Run the game and test it out. I am unsure if all factions have the units as I have only found them for the UEF. All units appear to be T1 so do not upgrade your factories if you want to use the new units. I know you can select lower tiers but its a hassle to do it every time.
Thats how I got it working. Pretty major hassle but fun to play with for a bit.
nope it doesn't work
Well its working on mine so I don't know what to suggest.
Maybe I just haven't explained it well enough but I'm not sure how else to put it.
@Kerensky I don't have any folders in my gamedata folder, just scd files and they are named after their respective mods, not lua etc... What are you talking about?
Is there a way to make this into a mod instead
Hmmm cn someone use this mod and redo the setup and make it mod enable instead cus it seems a bit hard to install but if possible cn it be hack to another mod?
also before i download it does this mod have naval units?
Good mod. I like the AWACS. Also, not all the units are available are they? Or am i missing something.
how do you actually MAKE THIS THING WORK?!
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.