Monkey Harris has released a new version of KPDED2 which allows you to run enhanced dedicated public Kingpin servers.
This version uses master.kingpin.info as the default master server instead of gsm.qtracker.com.
Since the last release, it also adds demo recording of any player, tweaks to the anti-wallhack feature, and support for KP's parental control option (blocks cursing sounds).
The kpded2.exe file just gets unzipped to your Kingpin folder.
When creating a server desktop shortcut you just replace the kingpin.exe with the kpded2.exe.
kpded2 fixes a number of bugs and security holes and also adds many new improvements.
The zipfile contains a very comprehensive readme which you should read.
The readme includes some suggested Quick Start settings and most of the new default settings are fine so you wont need to change/add too many commands.
As well as fixing bugs and security holes, kpded2 adds a bunch of other
improvements, including the following:
* A workaround for the Kingpin client's broken download support, to allow
sounds and skies to be downloaded from the server. PAK files and other
Game DLL specific files can also be downloaded from the server.
* Reduced bandwidth, memory and CPU usage. Very low CPU usage when idle mode is enabled by the Game DLL or config.
* Packet loss measurement and duplicate packet sending to reduce it.
* Message buffering to prevent overflows.
* Support for team info in server browsers.
* When a player has parental control active, they will not hear cursing sounds.
* A new console window with command history on Windows ("-oldconsole" can be
used in the command-line to enable the old style console window).
* A bunch of new config options and commands (see readme).
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.