Fixes many typos, grammar mistakes, inconsistencies, and more, in the English text strings from the game Freelancer (2003). This addon was made based on Jason's Freelancer Patch which already addressed a few of these issues.
Approximately 1,850 lines from the text strings in Jason's Freelancer Patch have been updated with the following changes:
- Made wordy sentences more concise for better readability
- Fixed typos for misspelled words like 'Niboium', 'Aschroft', and 'excerise'
- Correctly spelled several names in the game, like 'Curaçao', 'Tenerife', and 'Rügen'
- Applied general grammar fixes
- Replaced words that didn't fit the context properly
- Consistent use of American English
- Consistent and correct use of punctuation and other symbols
- Used more consistent choices for words and names like 'Zone 21' and 'Eighty Years’ War'
- Replaced incorrect information with correct information
- Replaced several uncommon/nonexistent real-life names with more common ones
- Readded spaces to mission alert messages
- Improved name localization
- Corrected option setting descriptions
General informal word choices and intentional typos in rumors remain unchanged.
View the GitHub page for more information
All files from this addon may be freely used by any mod or anything else. See the LICENSE file for more information.