The seventh and largest release of foxMod drops dozens of AI improvements, improved widescreen support and further enhanced 4-player splitscreen and gamepad support.
NSIS-based installer package to handle foxMod setup. Hassle-free! (hopefully)
Special thanks to M0tah for writing this installer. Enjoy!
Changes in v0.7 (09/08/13):
- Support for new CBP3 content
- Drop Flag / Weapon control, which will now toss your weapon when held
- Proper vehicle FOV support (wasn't being calculated correctly before)
- Proper campaign mutator support (including splitscreen)
- New Force Translocator mutator to force Translocator in any game mode (will disable Hoverboards)
- "DisplayPortrait Accessed None 'VoiceInterface'" bug fix
- Team-colored death messages for all modes
- Fixed voting in a 3-4p splitscreen games causing a crash (from v0.5 - oops!)
- Gamepad autoaim now only activates if gamepad input has been used exclusively for the past few seconds (using tandem gamepad+mouse setups will no longer grant autoaim)
- Vehicle control type now reliably set for network clients
- Gamepad autoaim now reliably set for network clients
- Various bug fixes and code cleanup, particularly with networking support
- Sounds now only play for the closest player in splitscreen (fixes all known splitscreen audio bugs). Removed volume normalization as it's no longer needed.
- Fixed non-looping action music in DM-Deck (and any map that uses GoDown as music)
- New Look to Steer control code that factors in movement stick/keys in addition to camera orientation (allows driving and looking in two different directions at once when using "relative" steering control)
- Weapon Switcher Quick Peek is now also shown if the weapon bar is hidden
- Fixed an issue where the voting screen could become unresponsive if the 2nd, 3rd or 4th player won the match
- Server-configurable FOV clamps
- Support for new CBP3 content
- Configurable max default orders
- Further general anti-stuck improvements
- AI now attack any visible part of objects (helps tremendously on attacking Power Nodes / Cores -- AI can now complete Confrontation with the Leviathan)
- Avoidance Mapping system that allows bots to choose potentially longer, but safer paths when running an objective
- AI make better use of level geometry as cover during fights
- AI avoid lifts if they have already been used and would need to wait
- AI no longer attempt to snipe when actively under fire
- Further improved hoverboard usage - AI now hoverboard more often in Warfare
- AI now attempt toss the flag to stronger teammates closer to the base
- AI now attempt to toss their weapon to weaker teammates, such as recently respawned teammates
- Greater avoidance of areas where there have been a lot of deaths that match
- Hold Position order sticks after a bot dies (AI now store their HoldSpot)
- Greatly improved vehicle healing behavior for AI (always heal nearby vehicles if not in combat)
- Necris and Krall bots no longer randomly spout human speech (particularly incoming vehicles)
- AI now prioritize vehicles they're already heading towards (similar to vanilla behavior)
- AI now understand towing in Warfare
- AI now slightly prefer fast vehicles over slow ones
- AI now slightly prefer artillery
- AI now check if they're close to the ground before hoverboarding, getting out of a vehicle to heal, etc.
- Better combat checks for hoverboards and non-combat vehicles
- Major code cleanups
- AI now always attack the power core if they have line-of-sight to it
- Improved "devious" behavior checks
- AI now longer reuse routes as often
- AI Titans that are stuck now attempt to crouch out of their spot, and failing that just suicide (better than them uselessly sitting there)
- Attacking AI now only use defensive vehicles (turrets etc.) when threatened, and get out after the threat is eliminated
- AI can now bail from low-health turrets
- Major improvements to AI vehicle handling when stuck
- Small fixes to help bots play on maps like ONS-Hostile
- AI can now attack locked enemy vehicles to thin out base defenses
- Improved vehicle usage in non-objective game modes
- Improved vehicle usage in combat
- AI vehicle gunners no longer randomly shoot at the wall
- Improved orb handling ability
- Improved Warfare teleporter usage
- AI now only grab vehicles within range of leader
- AI now grab items within range of leader
- AI now taunt and give praise on cool actions (flag captures, multi-kills, sprees, etc.)
- Improved shootable door behavior (like on Turbine) - use Enforcer or other weapon guaranteed to open door if possible
- Use Impact Hammer on invulnerable or heavily shielded enemies to knock their powerups off if appropriate
- More configurable options for AI
- Added a small configurable easter egg :)
Got a few questions:
- is this version compatible with map mixer? I've been sticking with ~v0.4 for a long time since I get crashes using newer versions with map mixer.
- did the dodge key for keyboards indeed make it in this release?
Thanks again for all your awesome work on this!
Regarding MapMixer, I'm actually unsure. I keep forgetting to put this back on my todo list (I'll put it on the todo list of things to add to the todo list... wait). I stopped using MapMixer a while ago as the new UI elements didn't support controllers, but it's still pretty ace stuff so I'll make sure the upcoming v0.8 works with it (if v0.7 doesn't already).
Regarding the dodge key, I did look into this and it turns out that the current dodging functionality is working purely by dumb luck - I haven't taken the time to rewrite it yet (there are actually other issues around this) but it might make it into next release. :)
Edit: D'oh, I forgot to log in!
I'm very happy to see mods like this for PC games that are sorely needed. Just needs a few customization options like character creation and such and it'd be perfect. Is it possible to add in vertical splitscreen two player as well? The mod seems to be very friendly for multi-monitor displays too which is quite impressive.
Glad you like it! Vertical splitscreen is actually semi-supported currently - try "setsplit #" in the console for various configurations. 1 or 2 will set a 2p vertical layout (one player on each screen) and 3 or higher will set a 3p vertical layout (1st player on left, 2nd and 3rd horizontally split on right).
However, there are currently issues with HUD scaling that I have yet to address, so the HUD might look too big; once these are worked out, vertical split will be a simple menu option.