Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.5.0 - ReadME ====================================== The latest FULL version of the popular assault mod for UT2004. Read the description for all new changes! SELF-INSTALLER VERSION.
Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.5.0 - ReadME
Thank you for downloading Defence Alliance 2, unique assault modification for Unreal Tournament 2004.
- Incredible assault style gameplay with various objective types.
- Amazing 3D graphics proove what the Unreal Engine is still capable of achieving.
- Six unique classes with different attributes and weaponry.
- Advanced Bot AI for challenging offline and online games.
- Eight large as well as small scale maps with various paths to lead your team into victory.
- Ending matinee scenes per map add more depth to each game.
- More than 50 custom made effects help us create the atmosphere players want.
- Fully customized and redesigned Graphical User Interface offers more options and easy navigation.
- Documented source code, we help 3rd party members create their maps easier for DA2.
= Requirements (all OS)
- Original copy of UT2004
- Patch '3355'
-> Please note DA2 does -NOT- require ECE Bonus Pack. The files are stripped and included with the file you received.
= Windows (EXE, ZIP)
If you are using the EXE version run DA2Setup.exe and follow the instructions. On the other hand if you downloaded the ZIP version extract the folder DA2 to your root UT2004 directory.
Example: If your root directory is C:\Games\UT2004 then extract there. To run the mod now either go to your newly created directory C:\Games\UT2004\DA2 and double-click on DA2.exe. You may also use the command line mode to run DA2 which in this case is: Start -> Run -> C:\Games\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe -mod=da2
= Linux (ZIP only)
Just like windows extract the files to your corresponding UT2004 root directory. You will not be able to use the EXE file so use the command line as mentioned above.
= MAC (ZIP only)
Install and use the MAC Launcher included in your ZIP file. The DA2_Mac_Launcher.sit is located into your x:\UT2004\DA2\MAC directory. Simply, double-click to start the game.
- Whole new, professional soundtrack
- New maps: Classic-Egypt, Siege, Forgotten and two new intro-maps
- AVeR-Turret: Launching guided anti-vehicle/anti-turret missiles
- EMP grenades: Used to shutdown and damage turrets (avaiable to medic and attacking sniper)
- Incendiary thermite grenades: Useful to clear bunkers and block passages (avaiable to gunner and attacking mechanic)
- AP mines: Perfect traps in close quarters (avaiable to defending mechanics)
- Plasma bombs: Devastating, disarmable bombs with a 10sec timer (avaiable to attacking rocketeer)
- Addtional gore effects
- Backpacks for medics and mechanics
- Quick-selection via number-keys when selecting classes/structures
- Medics receive score for healing players
- Mechanics receive score for building or repairing objects
- Improved HUD: New style, new radar, recoil-, hit- and score-indicator and more...
- Balanced respawn times, giving attackers a big advantage
- Updated and improved all maps
- Adjusted recoil, accuracy, damage and ammo of all weapons
- Bots are building turrets/ammoboxes in every map
- Changed classnames to Rifleman, Mechanic, Medic, Gunner, Sniper and Rocketeer
- Self-destruct for idling turrets
- Scoreboard avaiable at the end of the match
- Strange clicks/pops in some of the weaponsounds
THE COPYRIGHT IN THE MUSICAL RECORDINGS IS OWNED BY THE COMPOSERS AND HAS
BEEN EXCLUSIVELY LICENSED FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE TO DA2 FOR VERSION 1.1.
ANY OTHER USE OF THE RECORDED MUSICAL MATERIAL FOR SOFTWARE VERSIONS OTHER THAN THAT MENTIONED ABOVE, COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING, OR PROMOTION NOT RELATED TO THE PRODUCT MENTIONED ABOVE REQUIRES THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE COMPOSERS PRIOR TO PUBLISHING, EDITING, SELLING AND DISTRIBUTING IN PHYSICAL AND
By using this software you agree that the above content belongs to EPIC and to their corresponding developers. All 3D Artwork, Sounds, Textures, Maps, Music and code belong to their corresponding owners and they are credited for this. If you have any problems or questions please email us first at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the copyright issue.