Fixed multiple issues related the AI using mounted weapons. Ceph Troopers now fire continuously instead of burst firing, matching OG behavior.
1. Switched Shi Ten to collision-less LOD1 model. This solves multiple bugs related to AI utilizing mounted weapons throughout the game, such as the AI getting stuck trying to mount (and being unable to perform any other actions), and the AI rising up into the air above the weapon. This is a sub-optimal fix. Proper fix would be using collision-less third person LOD0 model, which we don't have ATM. The original Crysis did not have collision on the Shi Ten, and given the weapon mount pole is intentionally a non-collision variant they were likely aware of the issue back in 2007.
2. Changed Ceph Trooper burst/continuous fire behavior to match PC original.
1. Regenated navmeshes for Rescue, Village, and Harbor. This is imperfect, but should result in the AI navigation being a LOT better in problem areas in those maps.
2. Removed some hacky vehicle stuff added in last patch. Hopefully not needed anymore with navmesh changes.
1. Patrol boat AI view distance changed to match OG Crysis. But slightly limited FOV for AI in vehicles has been left untouched, so boats no longer have eyes in the back of their heads like OG Crysis.
2. Restored a rock to opening cove.
3. Restored Ceph Mountain.
1. Reimplemented blood on Caroline Chang/The Hostage by manually painting blood onto her textures.
2. NPCs Entrance_One_End_3 and Entrance_One_End_4 were placed inside a objects/library/architecture/nodule/smallhut.cgf shack, and couldn't get out. Not sure why. Relocating them out allows them to move freely.
3. Fixed town hall model (objects/library/architecture/village/townhall_modern_middle_big.cgf) to match PC original, which has cables connecting the lights on the ceiling.
4. Removed a vegetation object that was consistently misaligned with the ground.
5. Music will now transition correctly after completing side objective.
1. NPCs Farm_11 and Farm_12 were not entering their jeep correctly because they were stuck inside a shack (same issue as Village). Since I (likely) can't fix whatever AI bug is causing this, I moved them outside the shack.
2. Changed a utility vehicle vehicle back to police truck variant like OG game, and fixed its decal materials to match OG game.
1. Restored missing rockslides.
2. Increased Ceph ship glow to match OG game.
3. Fixed graphics bug present since OG Crysis during opening cutscene (corrupt nanosuit arm textures).
1. Music now plays correctly.
1. Restored Naked Ceph refraction trail. Also need to investigate Ceph bleeding.
2. Fixed various issues with LTV/Jeep, including: AI seating problems, not exploding in head-on collisions, and the car exploding instantly when the fuel tank is shot. There were multiple cascading things wrong the the LTV. For example, it seems like NPCs were unable to reach the gunner seat. Flagging every entrance as "can reach the gunner seat from here" seems to fix that. These fixes should cause numerous improvements to AI Jeep behavior.
3. Attempted to slightly improve Psycho's head appearance.
4. Fixed truck explosion behavior. Previously, explosion effect was being suppressed?
5. Fixed strange red radiosity on utility vehicle. Was caused by an invisible decal with red diffuse.
6. Replaced wooden boxes with PC model that breaks differently, and includes a piece of tumbleweed-like debris.
7. The 2011 port restructured/split the music xmls into a hodgepodge of per-mission imports (probably to save memory), resulting in several missing music issues in the remaster. This arrangement has been replaced with the original version's act1.xml structure, with some fixes for things like mission loadscreen imports. (I made sure to keep the Crytek UK credits music, though.)
8. Changed some particle effects to be closer to PC originals. More work needs to be done here, without being silly about it because a lot of the remaster's particle effects are optimized with little to no drop in quality.
9. Added PS3 version audio files to Crytek UK weapon mod, complementing the models nicely.
10. With the new fixes, the jeep is a WEE bit fragile. I'll look into slightly rebalancing so it booms when you want it to boom, but with some leeway.
Known Problems/Stuff to Look Into:
1. Camera shake doesn't seem to work in several cases. There's some oddity around "Camera:CameraShake" and "Camera:ViewShake" and the deprecation -> obsolete status of camera shaking stuff.
2. The game is supposed to give different tutorial prompts depending on whether classic nanosuit is enabled or not. This does not happen. The reason is that the command Crytek/Sabre are using to check is debug-only.
3. Post-2011 versions of Crysis placed a perhaps overkill number of rocket launchers in the village battle. Two tanks vs the world's largest collection of rocket launchers. Who will win?
4. The fixed LTV/Jeeps will put you in the gunner seat if you enter from any door except the driver's.
5. Nomad holds his mask wrong in the opening cutscene. I think this is fixable by rotating the mask's alignment with his hand bone.
6. Some dirt screen splatter effects when firing at certain surfaces are missing. Adding them back is trivial, though.
7. The Crytek UK sound effects seem to have the (since fixed by Crytek/Sabre) bug where the first shot sound fired after loading into a map would be missing. Not a huge issue, but just be aware of it.
8. Helicopters aren't psychic in the remaster, but they're very bad at chasing the player now. Maybe a middle ground is possible.
9. Dynamic frost effects are broken. Not sure why, not sure if anyone except Crytek/Sabre can fix.
10. The broken HUD/UI colouring can potentially be fixed by manually editing every UI flash file. I don't relish this tedious task.
11. Speaking of sound, the audio mixing in Crysis Remastered is... not great. There is severe clipping on loud noises. This could maybe be alleviated by rebuilding the FMOD files.
12. Wind pressure/bending effects are broken, and I don't think this can be fixed without source code access.
13. NPCs have issues using mounted weapons. Unclear why.
Hopefully fixed all the missing music from Ascension.
Fixed incorrect loadscreen music for "Core".
Fixed missing music from Ascension mission.
Removed various fixes that are no longer needed.
Removed alternate energy usage for classic suit. Will revisit later.
Removed slow-mo feature that no longer works, probably due to optimizations.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
respect thanks for this