This file will update your v3.8 installation automatically. If it doesn't work for any reason, you still can extract it manually using 7z app or similar
- CrippleCreek and RioBravo maps by RedYager, include lot of custom content
- Axe and bow model/skin by Paul68Rageous
- Other new skins/reskins by Paul68Rageous: Henry rifle, knife, Sharps rifle, coachgun, Colt Navy, dynamite, brass knuckles
- Survival mode, higher focus on co-op. New zombie AI, completely redone.
- Gold Rush custom game mode: take a gold sack to a capture zone protected by enemies before times runs out (asymmetric mode). Several captures in fixed order and increasing difficulty are required to win a round. This is succession of short, tactical and very fast paced missions that can be played in current maps as fof_revenge, fof_desperados, fof_tijuana, fof_fistful, fof_cripplecreek or fof_robertlee among others.
- The Good, The Bad and The Bot game mode: can you tell humans from bots? Then kill any other human before they kill you. Supported on fof_elpaso and fof_forest.
- Dynamite goes boom when shot while is alive
- Eagle Eye perk: lighted dynamite sticks are easier to hit by guns, effectiveness decreases over distance
- Dynamite sticks can be picked up while they are alive. You get a dynamite stick that can be used again as it was brand new.
- Mexican player model is used as desperado in mexican themed maps. Include mexican taunts
- Load-out quick launch menu: load your equipment presets in 1 click
- Use primary attack key to throw physics props instead just pressing use again to drop them
- Client crash due impact traces being applied wrongly to local player model
- Several team balancing related issues
- Some weapons had wrong or not very accurate physic collisions
- walk function didn't work when player used certain weapons
- Friendly fire forgive poll: defaults to autoforgive. No forgive poll will be started if offender has accumulated too much FF though.
- Multiplayer AI more responsive
- Performance optimization relative to buffers for glow based effects, this was too fillrate consuming.
- new cvar fof_glow_allowed, now glow outlining effects can be disabled for increased authenticity and improved framerate in some cases (also accessible from FoF Options panel)
- HUD related objectives panel improved, only icons that matter at each time are showed, they fade out while being drawn on screen center
- Added a bunch of new cvars to options/multiplayer/advanced tab
- Crosshair aperture is a tad wider by default. It fits better the real aim cone which is unchanged for all weapons (same values as v3.8). It can be customized in options/multiplayer/advanced tab
- Removed old game mode 'Hired Guns'
Map related changes:
- fof_snowy: higher cart speed, new buildings that add extra cover and higher tactical possibilites to both end areas
- fof_revenge: turned to winter themed level. New custom mode: Gold Rush
- fof_desperados: some textures replaced. New custom mode: Gold Rush
- fof_robertlee: performance optimizations, new custom mode Gold Rush
- fof_presidio: updated to support new survival mode
- fof_forest: new sawmill building, more cover, new lighting, custom mode changed to The Good, The Bad and The Bot
- fof_fistful: new lighting, custom mode changed to Gold Rush (random sacks, infinite respawns)
- fof_elpaso: new The Good, The Bad and The Bot custom mode added, improved 3dskybox, some new props and ground textures
- fof_abandoned: new lighting, sand storm effects and a tornado added. Additional geometry, extra cover. Added Boss custom game mode
- fof_monumentvalley: added a barricade to first stage (same objective as second stage), improved fog and 3dskybox, some texture changes and tweaks. A box of dynamite sticks has been added to both stages. Controlling them is key to win.
- fof_tijuana: lighting changed to daylight, now all areas are accessible, new game mode is Gold Rush Double (both teams capture at town's center)
- List of removed maps (can be downloaded separately): all coop_ maps, fof_tramonto (tramonto_lite renamed to fof_tramonto), fof_railhouse, duel_darktower, fof_coldblood
Weapon related changes:
- Darker edge effect while in iron sight mode (decreases vision field). Now this effect is enforced. Edge blurring shader removed, it was barely noticeable and took large performance hit.
- Schofield unused ammunition in cylinder will be lost when reloading
- Walker full reload sequence added, damage increased 20%, cost increased up to 50
- Brass knuckles damage increased 20%, cost decreased -5
- Bow damage increased at close distance (+10%)
- Axe: player speed slightly increased
- Dynamite: +1 extra stick, fuse changes color as stick is closer to explode
- Free aim revolver: moving while aiming will result in some slight revolver drifting effect