This version brings sky carriers and a tutorial, along with a number of fixes and tweaks. Changelog in the details!
- Sky Carriers! Aircraft carriers are now airborne, 'cause it's fun and looks cool.
- Flight School! The game now teaches you how to play it, no need to crack open the readme file.
- A few enemy aeros are now patrolling the skies. Formerly, the only aeros you would encounter would be launched from aerodromes or carriers.
- Your progress is saved every time you complete an island. This means if you quit the game, you'll have all your progress since starting the current island.
- Range calculation is more accurate, rocket and gun ranges are now shorter, as was intended.
- The LRSAM has been nerfed to do half damage and have only slightly higher range than a SAM. This means it's less likely you'll get missile warnings and have no idea who's shooting at you.
- Fighter stats were rebalanced a bit. All fighters have slower dive rates, which means you'll go a little slower while diving and therefore lose less altitude.
- Ramming into things now causes damage to them..... but it's not recommended. :)
- Mac Players: You will probably still have problems using gamepads. I am looking into a permanent solution, but it requires me to rewrite all of my input code to use the InControl library. This is a primary goal of Alpha 14.
Hey, nice entry, just a couple of things i have to say:
the difficulty spike is too great, in 1st mission you don't have a clear objective, the island is too well guarded, and enemies spawn all the time from both land and the carrier eventually rendering it unwinnable.
the map(wich could be introducted in the tutorial) doesn't work that well? or maybe it has a browsing function that is not clear.
the inverted x and y are not clear, they could be overlooked at first, the inverted x seems to be "inverted" too.
i realize this is an alpha version of the game, but i like it and i think it has potential, it looks nice, has a nice soundtrack and seems smooth overall, even if i couldn't get trough the first island, anyway good luck!