The source files of recovered A General's Game 0.53R Installation Guide:To install, copy all files in the "ModCurrentVersion" folder and paste in your game directory. (and replace old files if you have previous versions installed)(Please ensure your "gamemd.exe" and "Syringe.exe" are both set to "none" or "unchecked" in windows compatibility mode)And use "RunAres.bat" to activate the game
Zip file contents:
The source files of recovered A General's Game 0.53R
To install, copy all files in the "ModCurrentVersion" folder and paste in your game directory. (and replace old files if you have previous versions installed)
(Please ensure your "gamemd.exe" and "Syringe.exe" are both set to "none" or "unchecked" in windows compatibility mode)
And use "RunAres.bat" to activate the game
Updated version with new faction, units, super-weapons, balances, new game logic and bug-fixes
Highlights of changes
(1) Reinstated Yuri Country with previously removed faction infantry, vehicles, vessels, buildings, with new additions:
New Additions For Yuri Country:
1.Yuri Special Forces: similar to Navy SEAL, with amphibious ability, anti infantry assault rifles, C4 sapper ability
2.Enhanced Brute: now incredibly strong physically, with ability to rapidly regenerating lost health.
3.Enhanced T-Rex: infused with Brutes ability to regeneration, and the ability to regulate their thermal output, the Enhanced T-Rex is a formidable recon unit with ability to stealth, withstand enemy attack and taking out enemy vehicles, infantries and even building infrastrutures.
4.Medics, Dog and Spies now are available to all factions, including Yuri Country.
5.Now Boomers from Yuri Country can launch long range LRASM stealth-ed missiles taking out enemy surface ships.
6.Now Slave miners are amphibious and can cross the sea by themselves
7.Now all MCVs including that of Yuri Country become amphibious and can be used to cross the ocean.
8.New Bio-hazard Drop super-weapon for Yuri-Country: at a cost, now Yuri-faction player can choose to drop triple effect: Virus, Chaos, Genetic Mutation bombs at enemy factions via bomber attack.
9.Refined Gatling gun animation, with salvos launching at enemy with deviation patterns of tracer rounds.
10.Fort for Yuri Country: A massive amphibious, open-topped vehicle capable of carrying 12 troops, which can provide additional firepower to the vehicle
11. Repair vehicle based on Yuri Gatling tank's chassis.
(2) Country specific super-weapon for China: the Chinese Nuke Launcher
(3)Reprogramming of Ship's functions: Now ships have multiple mode of operation. By clicking "deploy" on the boat and pointing the cursor on the ship, a mode identification will appear. e.g, after deploying, "Arleigh Burke Class" destroyer will display "Burke ASW Mode" showing it entering Anti-Submarine-Warfare mode.
This allows the ships to fire their main guns, torpedoes, switching their missiles aiming targets either at naval or land targets, or entering self-defense mode activating their close-in weapons against enemy air-attacks.
The improved ships include:
-Arleigh Burke Class Air Defense destroyer
-Zumwalt Class Ground Attack destroyer
-Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier
-America Class Amphibious Assault Ship
-Atago class Air Defense destroyer
-Izumo class Helicopter carrying destroyer
-Type 45 Air Defense Destroyer
-Type 23 General Purpose Frigate
-QE Class Aircraft Carrier
-FREMMER Air Defense Frigate
-FREMM General Purpose Frigate
-Charles de Gaulle Class Aircraft Carrier
-F125 Class Frigate
-K130 Class Corvette
-Sejong the Great Class destroyer
-Incheon Class frigate
-Project 1144M Kirov Class Battlecruiser
-Project 11430E (New Addition) Lamantin Class UAV Aircraft Carrier
-Project 22350 Frigate
-Belgorod Class (New Addition) Autonomous Underwater Vehicle carrying submarine
-Kuznetsov Class Aircraft Carrier
People's Republic of China (PRC)
-054A Class frigate
-CV16 Liaoning Class Aircraft Carrier
(4) Robotics for Russian Navy (requires the "Robot control center" now available to Allied, Soviet and China)
Now Russians can employ robotized vehicles in the following naval units:
S-70 Okhotnik (Hunter) UCAV for Lamantin class aircraft carrier, for air-defense and bombing missions.
Poseidon Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Belgorod class submarine: for clandestine underwater NUKE delivery
(5)Stealth-ed (cloaking) system for aircraft, structures:
Now Aircraft (F-22, F-35, PAKFA, J-20, FCAS, F-3, Tempest, B-2 Spirits), Missiles (SCALP-EG, KEPD350, LRASM, AGM158, Zircon, Kh102), Ships (Zumwalt Class), Structures (Bunkers and Tank bunkers) are cloaked from enemy detection via various means (stealth geometry in aircraft, missiles and ship design, and visual and IR camouflage for bunkers and tank bunkers).
(6) Black-hawk utility helicopter for US, Korea, Japan: essentially a flying battle fortress, from which its occupants can utilize their weapons against enemy within range.
(7) Now air-defense missile launchers can move after deployment, and can auto deploy when enemy aircraft is within its range. After deployment, the vehicle can enter tank bunker for stealth, and blast protection.
-S400 Launhcer (Russia)
-Patriot-Launcher (US, Japan, Germany, Korea)
-CAMM-L Launcher (UK)
(8) Added Natasha's Heroic Spirit for Russians.
In remembrance of Natasha Romanov's Bravery and Self-Sacrificing Love.
(9)Various bug-fixes and balances:
-Removed crashing bug from the French side air-defense missile launcher "SAMPT"
-Removed multiple queue system for AI player: now it cannot produce multiple units at the same time if the AI player has multiple factories (e.g. AI in before can produce 3 M1A2 tanks at the same time if it has 3 War factories)
(10) Added toggle power function as in Tiberian Wars (now can be set as a control hot key in options, suggest to use "number pad 1" as a hot key) To use, press hot key : number pad 1 (if set to number pad 1) and click the structure at the same time to toggle power.
Updated version with new super weapons, new game logic, re-balances, and new contents.
Highlights of changes:
(1) Added Aircraft Carriers for USA, France, UK, Russia, China. These massive vessels can launch map-wide intensive air-strike with focused fire power. They can both attack surface and air targets.
Make sure to defeat enemy carriers first to launch any land or surface ship offensive, or they will make a quick work of any offending forces.
US: Nimitz Class Carrier, with F-18E super-hornets launching GBU-500s and AMRAAMs
France: Charles de Gaulle Class, with Rafale Ms launching AASMs and MICA IR NGs
UK: Queen Elizabeth Class, with F-35Bs launching Spear 3s and Meteors
Russia: Kuznetsov Class, with Mig-29Ks launching KAB-500s and R77Ms
China: Liaoning Class, with J-15s launching LT laser guided bombs, and PL12s
(2) Added Amphibious Assault Ships/ Helicopter Destroyers for USA and Japan. These major surface combatants command a wing of VTOL fighter or Helicopters to perform surface strike, anti-submarines, or anti-air missions.
They complement their aircraft carrier counterparts by providing front-line and persistent fire power.
US: America Class Amphibious Assault Ship, with AH-1Z Vipers launching AGM-114s and APKWS rockets
Japan: Haygu Class Helicopter Carrying Destroyer, with Sea-hawk Js launching AGM-114s and MK-46 torpedoes. Also armed with ESSM local area defense missile
Japan: Izumo Class Helicopter Carrying Destroyer, with F-35Js launching JNAAMs and LJDAM-1000s
(3) Added Maritime Interdiction heavy bombers for Russia and US. These heavy aerial hunters will launch persistent barrages of anti-ship missiles at enemy surface ships from extremely long ranges.
Onboard electronic warfare systems will paralyze enemy surface to air missile launchers at long range to enhance survival-ability .
US: B-1B with LRASM long range anti-ship missiles with 450 kg (heavy) warheads and ALQ-161 Electronic Warfare systems.
Russia: Tu-160M2s with 3M22 Zircon hyper-sonic missiles and KRET-produced electronic Warfare systems.
(4) Hyper-sonic anti-ship missile-carrying aircraft Mig-31BM for Russia. These high-speed interceptors now carry hyper-sonic, long range Kh-47M2 Kinzhal anti-ship missiles with 500 kg (heavy) conventional warheads.
They can also take on air targets with their long range R-37M ultra-long range air-to-air missiles.
(5) Project 1144.2M Kirov Class Battle-cruiser for Russia. The soviet era battle-cruiser is retrofitted with advanced anti-air and anti-ship weaponry.
It employs surface launched 3M22 Zircon anti-ship missiles to take out enemy surface combatants at extreme ranges. And it uses the state-of-art S-400F anti-air system with 40N6 400-km range missiles to fend off enemy aircraft swarms.
Though heavily armed, and often credited the surface combatant with the greatest firepower in the world, it is still vulnerable facing enemy carriers with large swarm of carrier fighters attacking in sync.
(6) Re-coded Attack Helicopters: Uses ARES' improved logic, now attack helicopters carries much more a punch than before.
Previously, only two weapons of different targeting functions can be carried (e.g.: one for anti-ground, and one for anti-air, like the case of Apoc tank)
Now, attack helicopters carry auto cannons for anti-infantry, tank and air missions, short-range anti-air missiles for enemy aircraft, anti-tank missiles for enemy vehicles and structures and rocket launchers for infantries (if-laser guided, can aim for enemy aircraft)
US, Korea, UK, Japan: AH-64E Guardians carrying AGM-114s, Stingers, M230 30mm Auto Cannons, and APKWS rockets
France and Germany: Tiger HADs with PARS-3LR missiles, Mistrals, Giat 30 30mm rapid-firing Auto Cannons, SNEB rockets
Russia and Iraq: Mi-28NMs Night Hunters with Ataka missiles, IGLAs, 2A42 30mm Auto Cannons, and S8 rockets
Cuba, Lybia: Mi-24VMs Hinds with Shturm missiles, IGLAs, 23mm Auto Cannons, and S8 rockets
China: Z-10s with HJ-10 missiles, TY90 missiles, 23mm Auto Cannons, and S5 rockets.
Korea: AH-1 Super Cobras with TOW missiles, AIM-9s, 20mm Auto Cannons, and Hydra 70 rockets
(7) Sixth-Generation Fighters for France, Germany, UK, Japan. These high speed, high altitude, stealth fighters employ directed energy weapons such as laser and masers, and swarm UAV tactics to gain the upper hand against traditional adversaries of fighter, missile swarm and/ or area denial anti-air weapons
France and Germany: FCAS fighter with long range anti-air laser, and laser designator for calling-in ground-attack UCAV swarms
UK:The Tempest fighter with long range anti-air laser, and command systems for SPEAR-EW electronic attack loitering munitions for air-defense suppression.
Japan:The F-3 (i-3) fighter with long range anti-air laser, and long range masers for taking out enemy missiles electronics and radar systems.
(8) Fifth-Generation Fighters for Korea, the KF-X. The indigenously developed fighter aims at creating a fighter of higher stealth characteristics than the French Rafale and British Typhoons.
In-game, the KF-X uses Meteor missiles to fend off enemy fighters and uses IR/ECM countre measures to distract enemy surface to air missile launchers.
(9) Added Repair Vehicles for China, Cuba, Libya, and Iraq
China: ZBD-04 Repair Vehicle
Cuba, Libya and Iraq: BREM-1 Repair Vehicle
(10) Added Bomb-drop super weapons for each side:
Allied: B-2 Bombers dropping W-83 nuclear bombs at intervals of 12 minutes and cost of 50000
Soviet: 3x Kh-102 strategic missiles at intervals of 12 minutes and cost of 45000
China: 14 H-6 Bombers with 10 conventional high drag bombs at intervals of 10 minutes and cost of 40000
(11) Added T-14 MBT and T-15 IFV for Russia. Theses advanced AFVs are born from the Armata Universal Combat Platform. Featuring advanced automation, fire control systems, and armor, these are a force to be reckon with on the battlefield.
T-14 MBT is armed with advanced long range, automated rapid reload 125mm Main gun, and AA Heavy Machine gun.
T-15 IFV is armed with Kornet E long range Anti-tank missile with 30mm Auto-cannons, and is capable of carrying 9 infantries which can contribute to added fire power using their weapon onboard.
(12) Artillery and MLRSs for France, Japan, Russian, Cuba, Libya, and Iraq.
2S35 Koalitsiya-SV for Russia: The advanced SPG is capable of firing at a range of 80 km and at a maximum fire rate of 16 rounds per minute. It is also based on the Armata Universal Combat Platform.
2S3 2S3 Akatsyia 152mm SPG for Cuba, Libya, and Iraq.
Type 19 155mm SPG for Japan. The fast moving SPG is based on a 8x8 truck.
Caesar 155mm SPG for France. Similar to Type 19, the Caesar (8x8 version) is a fast moving SPG on a truck platform.
BM-21 Grad MLRS for Cuba, Libya, and Iraq. The famous, or infamous MLRS is based on a truck providing high mobility and firepower.
TOS-1 Heavy Flame Thrower system for Russia and Iraq. The tank-based MLRS fires thermobaric rockets at moderate to short range (up to 10KM with new rockets), it provides a intensive fire power at short range against enemy personnel, light armor vehicles, and structures.
(13) Technical for Cuba, Libya and Iraq. Theses pickup trucks are armed with a dual 23mm AAG, providing fast transport and firepower across the battlefield.
(14) Stealth-ed infantries: Now Tanya (when not firing) and Snipers (when still and/ or deployed) are stealth-ed, providing them an edge against enemy long range attackers
(15) Kill driver function for snipers of all three sides: When vehicles of different armor level falls to a certain percentage of health points, (the more heavily armored, the lower the health point level needed for the enemy sniper to perform a kill-driver attack)
Enemy Snipers can attempt to shoot the driver and make the vehicle neutral.
(16) Driver function for G.I.s, Conscripts and Light Infantry (initiated) for all three sides: Now these infantries can capture neutral vehicles by entering and commandeering them. (Can be used in conjunction with the kill driver sniper functions)
(17) Re-coded AC-130s (now in AC-130J Ghostrider standard), now fires 30mm Auto-cannon, 105 mm Howitzer, SDB bombs, and Griffin missiles simultaneously.
(18) Various bug fixes and AI coding (still Work in Progress)
(19) Added (thanks to Mig-eater) China interfaces.
(20) Added AI Control functions (can be set to "I" key) in options, to allow AI to take control of the Player side.
(21) Now Miners from all three sides became amphibious, thus a broken bridge won't become a problem from resource gathers.
These miners utilize air cushions which inflates when they enter water bodies, in conjunction to their flotation "boxes" within their "between tread" spaces to maintain sufficient buoyancy.
Updated version with quality-of-life improvements, re-balances, and new contents.
Highlights of change:
(1)Added windows compatibility from "cnc-draw" to enable windows 10 compatibility, enabling (long anticipated for me!) Alt-tab functions to switch between apps without issues. Also higher resolution settings, e.g. 1920 x 1080 is supported without issues.
(2) Added new background National Anthem themes from tens of countries.
(3) Re-balanced infantry, vehicles, buildings' hp and damage.
(4) Added new experimental Aircraft Carrier functions with spawns capable of both attacking land and aerial targets.