We focus on Entertainment assets and new game titles. We are always seeking expert and new developers and engineers as well as well rounded artists that seek not only a stepping block into the game development life style but also a reference from game developer veterans. We want to make cool things and have a hoot doing it.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Level Designers located North America, Anywhere.
Posted by Ratfishstudios.com on
Ratfish Studios is looking for a talented level designer to join our team to help create our current title, Cogflicts ( Indiedb.com ) .
The perfect applicant would be adept at communicating via the internet, and could be available for online meetings at least once a week. Displaying both a collaborative capacity and personal initiative, and have worked previously on other projects specifically dealing in multiplayer layouts. They like outdoor urban based levels, and strive to add strategy when possible. Since this is royalty based, they have a consistent income elsewhere that will financially enable them to see the project through release.
- Understands Lighting and how it effects player attention.
- Used to blockout/graybox work methodology.
- Ability to work closely with concept and environmental artists to help create a consistent look.
- Experience in any 3D game engine with creating levels. (We use MIT Torque 3d)
- Scripting knowledge sufficient to create level based events.
- Can create basic assets to fill in spots if artists are otherwise occupied.
- Ability to communicate and work over the net.
- Works well independently with a work flow concept.
We are a small indie company who work with one another on our freetime over the web. Our members are a mix of past professionals, indies, and fresh graduates. We strive to keep our working relationship relaxed with one another since it is volunteer at this time. We want people who can be passionate, but not to the point of exhaustion, or vice versa can't add anything other than enthusiasm.