An addon that cuts the two fuses hunt quest in the main campaign by half. The major change is that you no longer need to return to Saxon Avenue to get the second fuse. The door leading to the back side of Waspet Gardens has been sealed off, and fuse you get in the Roped-off Apartment has been doubled.
One of the major problems that people seem to have with Cry of Fear is a particular section around the middle of the game where you are given the illustrious task of acquiring 2 fuses from Saxon Avenue and the apartment where you first begin.
Acquiring the fuse from the Roped-off Apartment has you go to new areas (or, at the very least, altered ones), with a new area where you acquire the taclight, a new sewer area, and the front side of the initial apartment along with the dark changes done inside, backtracking from this would be a nice calming session after all the chaos getting this particular fuse.
Acquiring the fuse from Saxon Avenue on the other hand has you go from Waspet Gardens to Saxon Avenue and then back, that's about it, no new areas, all already seen.
Now, there might be extra events that happen during the Waspet Gardens' path, like going to the other side of the barred wooden door to shovel more stuff, or additional monster encounters (the Taller comes to mind) and the possibility to search more equipments/find dropped ones along the way, but perhaps sealing the door might be an acceptable loss for pacing?
Saves made after you got to the Hansson Square subway (c_buscity.bsp) or the Roped-off Apartment (c_down.bsp) will not work with this addon.
You can still load the maps, but the changes won't appear.
- Sealed the door leading to the other side of Waspet Gardens in c_buscity.bsp, this is done to make it absolutely clear that there is only one path to the fuses now.
If you still want to visit the old areas anyway, don't overwrite c_buscity.bsp with the new one.
- Doubled the fuses that spawn after the nightmare sequence in the Roped-off Apartment.
- Replaced the blocked off area's bloody map image to something more blunt, just in case.
- Changed the text message in the objectives, it should say that you don't need to return to Saxon Avenue for the second fuse.
- Extract "CoF_TheShortenedHunt.7z" anywhere.
- Go to your Cry of Fear installation folder.
- Find the "cryoffear" folder.
- Make a backup of the files in case you want to restore them, as unlike my CCs, these does replace original files.
- Copy/cut the extracted folders in there and overwrite when asked.
- That should be it, the hunt for the two fuses should now be halved in time.