DAYTONA ROAD COURSE
Alien Racing Version - 2017 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona Release (v1.005)
- Both day and night (dark) configurations
- Night Weather included (Needed for Dark layout to work correctly)
DAYTONA ROAD COURSE
Alien Racing Version - 2017 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona Release
Welcome! We at Alien Racing hope you enjoy this as much as we have so far.
First off we hold no ownership to this track and its content. This is a "port" track; this is not scratch built. This was a dead project that someone left off and we decided to bring it to a certain level of "exceptional" quality.
There's been extensive work and hours put into this and understand bringing it to the level that is currently was not an easy task.
A variety of enhancements have been added beyond a simple port; namely physics improvements, texture, and shader enhancements, etc.
It also wasn't an easy task to port or even bring this to Assetto Corsa. Thank you whomever you are for your work in bringing this to AC. We only added to this part.
To those that helped make this track possible originally, my hat is off to you and thank you for your work, whether in other games or mods, thank you.
Please understand this is an initial release, there will be upcoming support and possible enhancements.
How to make this work
Note: You should have an understanding of the Assetto Corsa File system and its locations. There's plenty of guides on track and car content placement. This will be a brief guide based on that understanding.
- Locate your Tracks folder and copy the folders "daytona_rc_dark" and "daytona_rc"
- Locate your Weather Folder, copy the "8_Night" folder to this location. This is important as "Dark" does not have good native support for night time!!!
- When running "Dark" or nightime, you need to select appropriate Weather "Night". Best results found when working between 12:00 and 13:30 for time.
What has been done
- Original model was split to a Texture and "Surface" model for 90%+ of the drivable surface. What wasn't done is some of the drivable surface in the middle.
- Refined textures and mapping to replicate current track. If you watched 2016 Rolex 24Hrs, and 2017 "ROAR Before the 24" you will see certain elements added.
- Not all elements that can be added were added in concern fora timely release with 2017 Rolex 24hrs.
- Night version! A lot of shaders adjusted for a virtualized look of night time. Unfortunately AC supports only one light source, worked with what we have.
- Variety of Model improvements, increased poly of track surface model (physics). Could be vastly improved with all new mesh. This takes a large amount of time and effort. Increasing and smoothing the poly's did give better results in FFB and handling tests. Results may vary however.
- * New Improvements with 1.005
- Improved Ai pathing*
- Smooth Infield section and better surface prediction in some areas*
- Improved Cameras. Not perfect as we're still working on them.* (Flickering problem between Cameras)
- Invalid track areas expanded.*
- Some changes to texture mapping.*
What needs to be done
- Improved Texture mapping
- Better Ai Pathing (Improved with 1.005)
- Improvements on Track Surface
- Combining to single folder for "layouts"
- Improved lighting for night?
- Improvements on SKID layer. Works well and improved based on feedback.
- High CPU in tests where CPU ranges in mid 80% to 90%. Tests were with 32 Ai and gave results between 70-90 FPS with ~90% CPU. (AMD FX 9590 and 390X were used in these results along with other hardware. Not bad considering the number of objects and amount of polys used to create banks and Grand Stands.)
- Some wheels experience a high frequency vibration, but low levels in banks. Some wheels give an interesting sense of "feeling the bank". Suggested fix, turn down FFB slightly as results may vary. (Fanatec, Thrustmaster, and Logitech were all used but with diversity of settings, so this may vary)
- Cameras still need work. Flickering between cameras in some instances.
In the interest of a timely release with 2017 Rolex 24hrs, we found the current state is not necessarily AAA track status but in a good standing that can be enjoyed by most.
Thanks and Credits
Thanks to original work on porting track (tried to find out who you were and contacted a couple people that I believe were original owners).
Thanks to all those that helped test and refine this track to what it is so far. You know who you are!!
Thanks goes to AssettoCorsaMods.net. Your resources have helped in creating this beast! Thanks especially to those that made the helpful guides here in Track modding, you guys have been extremely helpful!
IMPORTANT LAST NOTE:
Have fun with this!
Questions or concerns? Direct them to the Alien Racing Facebook page.
Play this track and others on our servers, search for "alien racing" in non-booking mode.