The very first map in Skirmish is always something special. Or at least it's supposed to be special. In Trek Battles 2 we had a 6 Player Interstellar Space map in the first map slot and now we're looking for something new, that's more appealing. We already collected ideas and made maps, but none of these maps seemed to be the very first map. So we're looking for some community input now. To be more exact: We want to launch a competition. The winner's map will get into the first map slot of Trek Battles 3.
There are only two requirements for this map: It should be a 4, 6 or 8 player map and it has to be created in either the unmodified game or Trek Battles 2. The content of the map can be any desired. You may also create your own Planets or other stellar objects for it, but you don't have to. Our team staff will vote on the best map. The Top 3 or 5 (dependent on the number of entries) will be put in Trek Battles 3, too. Just not in the first slot.
So get your Map Editor running and send your map or even maps to firstname.lastname@example.org until August 1, 2009 or submit it to stlegacyfiles.com. You can send in as many maps as you want. If you create custom content for your map you should include the odfs, etc. in a zip file. Moreover you can add a readme containing further information on your map (build time, description, history, etc.). We also plan to release a map pack with all submitted maps on Legacy Files (Dev-Profile: Members of the Community); if you do not want your map to be included in this pack, please tell us when sending the email.
And for the lazy ones here's a short summary...
These are the Requirements:
- 4, 6 or 8 Player map
- created in Trek Battles 2, Aftermath 2.0 or Stock Legacy
What can improve your chances of winning:
- Custom Content (make sure you have permission if you're using other peoples work)
- Description of your Map
- A short summary of the idea behind it
This is what may help you when creating the map:
- Legacy Modding Tools List - Includes Instructions on how to enable the Map Editor
- STL Manager - This Tool can be used as launcher for the Map Editor; the Map Editor also does not have to be enabled then.
- Legacy Files Tutorials - This download section on STL Files contains several Mapping Tutorials
We wish you good luck and a lot of fun!