I've recently found out there's a small dedicated community residing in Discord. Some folk there have figured out ways to mod the game and even created some mods using Partiality (based on MonoMod).
They still mod things from time to time (currently figuring stuff out), although it's rather messy and confusing (eventually making some of the mods not work for weird reasons), so the whole thing is a slow process if you want to really do something beyond the basics of adding something based on the existing things in the game.
You can easily mod the game and even research things on your own, as long as you get the general idea and follow the tutorials, and maybe even help those people out if you're passionate enough/got time on your hands. People there still respond to messages and can give you all sorts of info you need to know about the game.
Thanks to that Discord and people that are still active there, this mod is going to see the light of day.
Check all of this out:
1. Necropolis Discord Server (everything's cooking in here, also had its developers answering questions at some point). Join up if you want to stay up to date with what's up with everything Necropolis-related. There's mostly no news though, just some modding chit-chat.
2. Instructions on how to install mods. Follow the instructions closely and you won't have any issues, and if you ever get them, the community will help you fix them. (:
3. Necropolis Gamepedia - lots of info about the game.
4. Mod links:
(This will be getting updated as more mods pop up)
The sweetest part is always modding. It prolonges the game's lifespan by bringing more fun to the table. And the most fun part? You can play all these mods in multiplayer coop as long as all the parties involved have them installed (same files for everyone).
- DeadJak's Master Chef Achievement Fix- Normally you can't get the achievement without this mod or the achievement unlocker.
- DeadJak's Custom Adventurers- a base to create custom adventurers, adds 1 playable skeleton class (can use different armor sets). Plays well in solo (although it's difficult), a little big buggy in coop due to the skeleton death animations.
- ThisIsASword's Combo Mixing- Allows mixing light and heavy attacks together and over the cap of 3 (as long as you have the stamina).
- ThisIsASword's Uncut Colors- More dyes added to the game with most of them based on the game lore.
- ThisIsASword's Uncut Equipment- adds more weapons and 1 Blackguard armor set that were found among the game files (unused).
- Zeke's New Throwables- adds more throwables with different effects like spawning a horde of skeletons that will attack enemies.
- Zeke and Sword's NecroForge-Makes weapons craftable from other weapons. (INCOMPATIBLE WITH UNCUT EQUIPMENT).
More stuff is in development, like restoration of a boss that was cut from the game, more custom playable characters, and maybe even more.
- Tutorial on how to begin modding Necropolis (credits to cut2thechase/Zeke's Apprentice).
- Necropolis console commands (credits to 3xz/calebleung)
- The most complete archive of official art for Necropolis (Discord link).
- Necropolis prefab list - names for models, textures, icons, effects (Discord link / credits to DeadJak).