Another Friday which means: more news about the mod. However, the sitrep-topic we use to keep each other updated on what we've done has been very quiet this week, so I'm doing this one a little different from normal. Additionally there will, more than likely, be a patch this weekend. Tf not it'll come soon after. Much will be changed with this first patch around the new meta-game pivot.
- Removed ship-tiering from the game. No more connecting your characters through the GameCP! As soon as you create a character, you have access to that faction's complete shiplist now, if you have the money.
- The X-Wing and the TIE-Interceptor have both undergone their first balance overhaul. The X-Wing has high Alpha and good pitch and is a little tougher. The Interceptor has higher average DPS and ROF, faster speed, better yaw and pitch, better roll, and slightly more fragile.
- Added a jump bouy to the old capital ship system, so you can now buy capital ships. No more hoarding materials, all you need is credits. Please be aware that these prices have not been balanced fully.
- Initial rebalance of the MC90/ISD. Not finished yet but will now at least be a fair fight.
- More hyperspace tweaks
- SECRETS ;)
- HUD element upgrades; detailed overlays on spawned gates showing time to stable/de-spawn and instability %, target tracking overlay, missile lock overlay, cruise delay info, hyperdrive cooldown info, hyperspace distance from tunnel edge, etc.
- Eliminated any and all drifting at any speeds! WW2-style combat!
- With Sizer: Thrusters may now only be fired if at 95% or more. Thrusters are rebalanced into burst fire boosters.
- Shields are now dropped if the player logs in while in space. Docking/undocking will regenerate the shields. Log off docked to avoid this!
- Completely overrode FLServer behaviour for sending updates to the client about missiles. Missiles should move much more smoothly and should look like they connect with their target more reliably.
- Tradelanes are no longer dockable; instead, they indicate areas into which plotting a jump is free (no impact on cooldown, almost instantaneous stability). Attempting to dock with a tradelane will automatically plot a jump to the connected tradelane instead.
- As a result of this, interdictors affect pre-calculated hyperlanes as well.
Stay tuned on the forums for the complete changelog when we drop the patch. We hope to see you in game this week!
Have a good weekend.
If you like what you see, and have been playing, please don't forget to tell your friends, your communities you frequent and social sites like REDDIT/Twitter about this mod. Player word of mouth goes a long way and we'd appreciate any of the support we can get for this mod of ours! Thanks everyone!