Sorry I was a bit late posting the news, but Silverlan announced it yesterday so Hurry up and download it with Tortoise SVN, I am going to post also a tutorial for those who don’t know how to use tortoise SVN or are too lazy to google for a tutorialTHE PUBLIC BETA LASTS UNTIL THE RELEASE!!!
As I was given this information, I copied and pasted the info that ProHunter has given in the main website since i do not know how to actualy use Tortoise SVN and haven't use it; but the information that is given has everything that is needed to know to check out the gamemode, play, ect.....
Check out the website so you may be informed of any update of the server and or change of it aswell since it gets updated first.
"Anyways, I am also updating this news on weekend, not only copy paste, I don’t have much time within the week.I qoute what it says in his steam group:
You can, however, already download the files you’ll need from the svn repository at Aftermath-rpg.googlecode.com
In case you don’t know what to do with that, there are plenty of tutorials for downloading from a svn repository. I recommend TortoiseSVN as client. And no, there will not be another way to download the gamemode. Make sure you do the svn checkout on your main garrysmod directory! (Steam/SteamApps/yourusername/garrysmod/garrysmod)Here are some general things you need to know:
- The gamemode is still heavily WIP, a lot of features are not done or not fully implemented yet
- You need gm_atomic to play on my server. You can get it at garrysmod.org:http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=52608- I recommend to remove any old versions of my SLVBase completely, the svn always includes the newest one. Having an older version installed might cause conflicts.
- You can report any bugs you find by typing “!bugreport” into the chat area
- You can NOT start the gamemode on your own server with the files from the svn repository, the beta-testing is on my server only.
- The server will not be up 24/7, the usual uptime should be from 09:00 to 22:00 GMT, starting on 17-05-2011
- All stats will probably be reset once the beta-testing is over
- Don’t bother trying to play the gamemode if you have less than 2GB RAM
- Asking if you can get any of the SNPCs or parts of the gamemode before the gamemode is released will get you kicked out of the group
- Make sure you check for updates each time before joining the server!The gamemode requires several clientside binary modules (all of which are included in the svn repository):
- gm_cvar2 (by haza55)
- gmcl_sound (by Skondra)
None of these are harmful, their source codes can be found on facepunch in the binary release subforum.Once the server is up, you will be able to join by connecting to silverlan.dyndns.org.That’s all for now."