We're starting a new project, this time it's an action RPG based on a hex map.
And I'm working with a great graphist!
Here are some of the mockup he has done for the game :
The basic reference for the game :
- "Castle Crashers" for the fighting athmosphere and for the loot system.
- "Zelda 1" for the map system (exploration and one screen per map)
- "Pioneerz" (one of my old game) for the fighting system
Why a hex based game?
- I love Hex based game!
- allow some new strategy (multi attack, suround by more ennemies)
- allow to have more attack directions (6 instead of 4) with less graphism ^^ (2 instead of 4)
The game is just starting so no demo, nor beta for now.
I will give you one as soon as the game is good enough to be tested!