This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Programmers located UK.
Posted by I_DO_TRI on
We are I_DO_TRI, a indie game startup composed of Game Art graduates from De Montfort University in the UK. We aim to make cute, fun and visually enchanting gaming experiences for PC and console.
We are looking for a Game Designer/Unreal Engine Programmer to work with us on our game Guiding Sprites, a puzzle platformer project that we worked on in our last year of uni. The intention is to create a brand new, vertical slice based on the original project concept that features improved gameplay and more polished visuals.
For more information about the project take a look at our videos and images on our IndieDB Page here: Indiedb.com
Currently we have two people working on the team. A tech artist/Unreal Engine blueprint scripter and a 3d artist. In order to make the game the best we can we have realised that we need someone with a design/programming role on the team so we can focus more on pushing the visuals as much as possible. We have plans to develop a Kickstarter campaign and a Patreon based around the game. We also plan to take Guiding Sprites numerous gaming expos and events in order to build up a solid interest in the game, eventually we would like to get to the stage where we can work on the rest of it! Because of these reasons above, this position will be revenue share.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / OTHER THINGS WE WANT FROM YOU:
* Ability to design and prototype fun gameplay mechanics and level ideas inside Unreal Engine.
* Hugely passionate about level design and games, especially those in the puzzle platformer genre!
* Ability to communicate, discuss, and share ideas
* Ability to collaborate with the team to create detailed project documentation
* Comfortable working with different members of a team via the internet (discord)
* Generally creative and curious
* Be able to iterate, balance and refine prototypes based on ideas and feedback from team and users
* You must be living within the UK
THINGS THAT WOULD BE NICE LITTLE BONUSES:
* Experience on past projects as a level designer
* Basic 3D Modeling knowledge
* C++ knowledge is a massive bonus!
* Also if you are extremely passionate about the artistry of Studio Ghibli and also love generally cute things then that's a big plus!
If you have any questions about the game, the position, or anything else, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send an example of some previous development work.
Thanks for your time. <3