This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by Tripmine Studios on
Calling All Interested Research Associates
Do you think that a friend, relative, or yourself would make a valuable addition to the Tripmine team?
The Tripmine team is looking to expand and bring on new, talented individuals to join us in recreating the classics "Half-Life Opposing Force" and "Half-Life Blue Shift".
As a Character artist, you will help reimagine the classic chracter and creatures from the Half-Life universe in HD detail.
From sculpting to texturing, the design of flora and fauna of the Black Mesa Research Facility and Xen will rest on your shoulders.
• Sculpting high-poly 3D organic models for humanoids and diverse monsters.
• Baking high-poly models to game ready low poly assets.• Texturing models produced so they are compatible with the Source Engine.
• Manage multiple 3D models at any point in time.
• Work closely with game designers, animators, and programmers to creatively solve problems as they arise in thedevelopment cycle of game mechanics and entities.
• Troubleshooting of animation problems as they arise.
• Able to create both high and low poly organic 3D models.
• Able to texture models created to a professional level for use in the Source Engine.
• Skill level threshold requirement is that of official HL2 models, although BMS skill level is also a good reference.
• Familiar with source control (SVN, Git, or equivalent).
• Experience with Maya, 3DS max, Blender, or equivalent modeling software.
• Experience with Photoshop or equivalent 2D texturing software.
• Ability to create clean UV maps for models created, which are readable by other team members.
• Dedicated and able to work with a team.
• Previous experience in 3D modeling 2D texturing (samples and portfolio pieces are REQUIRED).
• Experience with the Source Engine (branch does not matter) is a big plus.
• Experience with the Hammer World Editor (branch does not matter) is a big plus.
• Ability to put in regular hours to accomplish tasks as required.
If passionate about the Half-Life universe, send an application to email@example.com. Please, include your resume and samples of your previous works related to the position you are applying for.Please note all positions offered currently are not paid positions.