Minas Tirith vs Minas Morgul.
Open-world 2v2 map for Edain 4.5.
New version 1.3 out!
Companions of Edain,
I'm proud to present you today the new version of
"The Minas Twins"
Introducing a working AI, new features, and many balance and bug fixes!
The description has been updated.
As the name said, the map represents the war between the two cities, Minas Morgul and Minas Tirith, and more generally between Gondor and Mordor at the end of the Third Age. There are many more representations of famous locations, like Osgiliath, Ithilien, Cirith Ungol, the docks, etc.
The map is now for 2v2 multiplayer games :
- Minas Tirith (west) has 9 buildplots in the first ring of the city, and can expand his power by building external farms and outposts. Commandpoints start at 600, and can be expanded up to 1200 with the power "Assistance in time of need". He has a better economy than Ithilien player but less commandpoints, therefore he should regularly give money to his ally.
- Ithilien (north) is a Gondor player. He controls a ranger tent which can recruit rangers (swords, pikes and bows) and heroes Faramir, Frodo and Sam. He may also gets more recruitment possibilities by unlocking the spellbook power "Assistance in time of need" that will unlock harbor buildings : a fiefdom barracks, a forge and a marketplace. Fiefdom troops, aside with the three hunters and Imrahil with his Dol Amroth troops are now recruitable. Commandpoints start at 900, and can be expanded up to 1800 by the power "Formations of Gondor".
- Minas Morgul (east) starts in his fortress with 4 buildplots in addition of Cirith Ungol fortress composed of 2 normal buildblots and 1 Cirith Ungol buildplot. Commandpoints start at 1000, and can be expanded up to 2000 by buying the correspondant upgrades in the Osgiliath outposts.
- Finally, the second Mordor player starts in a normal camp at south of Minas Morgul. In addition of the Mordor forces, he has access to 2 Harad buildplots. Thus, Haradrim Palaces can be constructed and multiple troops from Harad can be recruited. The Harad prince, Suladan, is a powerful hero who can summon a Mumakil Pen anywhere on the map... Commandpoints are the same as for the Morgul player.
THe map is better with human players, but has been updated with a working AI! AI is now very challenging at every spot, except in the Ithilien spot, where it can't recruit other units than rangers.
Rohan reinforcements have been reworked. I let you discover by yourself!
The center of the gameplay is the control of Osgiliath. Here there are 2 settlements and the 2 only outposts of the map. Thus, the team who controls the city has a huge advantage, in particular Mordor because Osgiliath outposts are his only way to double his Commandpoints!
The gameplay encourages a close cooperation between players. Minas Tirith has to help Ithilien by giving money, letting him the opportunity to use his commandpoints to defend Osgiliath more efficiently. More generally, players should coordinate their attacks.
I'm quite satisfied by the feeling the map gives in each camp. The balance seems to be better than in the first version. Obviously, your opinions and suggestions will be more than welcome! :)
- WORKING AI (except in Ithilien)
- Minas Tirith's first level enlarged. There are no more already-built structures, but 9 buildblots instead!
- New ability for Frodo: at level 7, he can summon a Resting place, in memory of Rivendell.
- New ability for Faramir: at level 8, he can summon a ranger tent, which can be useful if the starting camp has been destroyed. Or simply to move the rangers headquarters.
- Haradrim units can now buy banner carrier, and get automatically heavy armor and forged blades when they reach level 3.
- Spells descriptions updated. They describe now exactly what the spells do.
- Some textures refined.
- Many bug and balance fixes
- Bug fixes
- Textures refined
I really enjoyed spending much time on it, so I would be glad to have your feedback!
Have fun playing!